No announcement yet.

Spring is coming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny thing...only since 2009 have I seen the extremes in winter weater become moreso... all the yrs I lived in central NJ we only had a few years that saw above avg snowfalls and the rest of the time we always had it pretty mild...but since 2009 things have noticibly gotten worse. Moved to NC in late 09 and every winter since down here is like what I used to experience in NJ...ppl here say that winters have become more cold down here...but compared to the rest of you all I have no complaints...I honestly don't know how you all put up with it year in and year out...I know my blood has thinned since moving here...and I don't tolerate cold as well as I used to...
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

It was global warming. Now, it's climate change. Get an electric vehicle and make sure you're not recharging it from a coal fired power plant. What are you going to do with those batteries once they've expired?

I have sunshine and 20F (-6C) on this morning of 27 Feb. in North Georgia. I believe I'll stay inside!
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Jerry Fields
        '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
        '06 Concours
        My Galleries Page.
        My Blog Page.
        "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

Lovely day & evening here in Georgia. Like 73 degrees and mostly sunny, tonight 63.
          Took 130+ mile ride over towards Alabama. Lot's of trees budding. Many bikers out for a ride.
          Tonight people lined up outside at Bruster's for that expensive ice cream. Crickets chirping too.
          Oh, to confirm its spring: HD Sportster with operator wearing T Shirt, Tennis Shoes & Shorts. Yeah, spring is here! (guess he's never crashed)
          After all it is March, so lets ride!

Jeff
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E
          78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
          '99 Triumph Sprint ST
          '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Woke up to ice storm that turned into yet another snow storm. More to come over night. Yeah, spring is here all right.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Cheer up all!!

That means you all have a few more weeks to get parts for your machines

it's coming, soon... the end will be here
              the end of the world as we know it, the end of the white abiss that has
              put our moods in a downword spiril, ruining our normally sunny disposition.

hmm... hard cider good.....
              1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
              1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Spring???

Still below zero here at night, about 2 above today, at 8 PM. -6. Spring has NOT sprung here. First winter in 35 years I didn't have the bike out all winter.
                put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
                79 F (Blueballs)
                79 SF (Redbutt)
                81 LH (organ donor)
                79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
                76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
                rover has spoken

Comment

sorry rover

last i heard this is the coldest winter in 30 years, for us at least.

from what gary told me, your not that far from me.

i did have my seca out a few weeks ago, i drove up the ally and back.

almost got stuck turning around, (street tires at the moment) spun tire the whole way, i found it ammusing.
                  1979 XS1100SF Special.78 E motor/carbs, Jardine 4-2 exhaust, XS Green coils, Corbin seat, S.S. Brake lines, Hard cases, Heated grips.
                  1981 Yamaha XJ750RH Seca (War Pig) XS11S front end and rear swingarm with 17" rim, 20mm ammo box saddle boxes, HID headlight, LED aux lights, Heated grips & seat, Bark busters, Harley 12" shocks, S.S. brake lines, oil cooler

PW50, PW80, YZ80(mine? what the??? Brrap OH...)

Most bike problems are caused by a loose nut connecting the handlebars and the seat!!

Comment

Working...
                  X