Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dog keeps urinating on my black sunshine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dog keeps urinating on my black sunshine!

What to do...oh...what to do
    Some unknown dog keeps urinating on my machine and it's right outside my window but can I catch it in the act NO! but everytime I go for a ride there it is again, urine on my front wheel

Oh please omnious XS11.com
    what is you allmighty answer?

PS. Shotguns are springing to mind, but then again I might hit my bike.
    Gisle Vestergaard
    XS 1100 Sport

They have some kind of spray that is suppost to keep dogs off furniture, maybe spray some around the tire and he won't like the smell on it any more??
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Hook the front wheel up to a "Dog Zot" (little electric fence charger for dog fences).

#1 You'll here it when it happens.
      #2 Won't happen again.
      CUAgain,
      Daniel Meyer
      Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
      Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

A bunch of mousetraps.
        I'd go for wolf thingies, but....

Or... You can get a bigger dog. Or a mean cat. Or a crock.

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

whizzin

Bill Murray "caddyshack"

Comment

I had a similar situation, but it was actually a male cat that was the culpret. I guess that he felt that he needed to mark my bike cover as "his territory"

At a local nursery, you should be able to get a product, I think that it comes in a powder form, that when sprinkled around the area, it makes dogs and cats stay away.
            It is probably supposed to smell like Mountain Lion scent or something. LOL
            Mike

1980 SG "Angus"

Comment

Put out some unsweetened bakers chocolate. He won't bother you any more....and just hope it doesn't belong to a friend of yours.

Comment

Scented Tires

gisleDK, instead of the moutian lion scent get the whole moutian lion. Then no one will mess with your scoot.
                Ken/Sooke

Comment

Extension cord

Very cruel i know but it will be his last pee, hook it up to your bike and plug it in!!!!!! Jeez did i just say that!!!! Naw never mind ya dont wanna go to jail lol ....MITCH
                  Doug Mitchell
                  82 XJ1100 sold
                  2006 Suzuki C90 SE 1500 CC Cruiser sold
                  2007 Stratoliner 1900 sold
                  1999 Honda Valkyrie interstate
                  47 years riding and still learning, does that make me a slow learner?

Comment

Scented Tires

Back in the early 60's I was the service manager of a sports car dealership. We had a doberman (named Jason) who was the guard dog. He loved to get into the garbage cans after the mechanics lunch left overs. He made a mess with cans knocked over and their contents spread around. Well we got on Jason's case pretty good so he decided to "mark" his territory by peeing on the cans.
                    This went on for awhile until I ran a wire from the spark plug tester over to his favorite pee station. It did not take very long before the opportunity arrived and I zapped him. He never went near those cans ever again. He was a quick learn.
                    Ken/Sooke

Comment

How do you know it's a neighbors dog? Might be the neighbor?
                      Marty in NW PA
                      Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
                      Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
                      This IS my happy face.

Comment

I like the idea with the mountain lion, but Denmark is about as far away from mountains as it gets. Guess I'd have to settle with a plain lion.
                        Maybe I should ask my neighbours if they are the mysterious pee producer, but then again I value living too much
                        Think I will go with the advice regarding the pe(s)t repellent.
                        Gisle Vestergaard
                        XS 1100 Sport

Comment

Does your front tire stink below 25 mph? One of our cats ruined a 2 year old set of samsonite luggage. If it were a dog I would try the some repellant spray. Since it was a cat I would use the Dr. Winchester cure, shoot it. If you live the city you may want to try Dr. Daisey's method, shoot it with a pellet rifle (much quiter method). And before I get a bunch of flack, let it be know I am an animal lover. But cats are way dong on my list of favorites, and my bike is pretty high up the on my list. Critters whizzing on anyones bike is crossing the line.
                          "Too many cats on earth, or just not enough Good Recipe's?"
                          Eat Up!

P.S. Just for the record I did not shoot the cat that ruined our luggage, SWMBO would not let me.
                          Bill Woods
                          1981 Yamaha XS1100SH (Eleven Special)
                          1985 Kawasuki GS425 Mojave ATV
                          2006 Yamaha Wolverine 450 4x4 ATV

Comment

For what it's worth and IMHO, male cat pee smells way worse than dog. Cats seem to mark everywhere whereas a dog will sniff around and either look for the same spot or cover where another has marked. I have plenty of dead spots in the lawn to prove this theary. The repellent ideas are good but you also need to remove any trace of the offending scent from the bike cause it will bring em back again. BTW, I'm an animal lover too but don't believe in let'n em out unsupervised.
                            Underdog
                            PS: Despite my handle, don't blame me!!
                            Underdog

1980 MNS "The Dark Side"
                            2000 Heritage "Snow White"

Comment

I like the idea of using the electric fence best,just make sure the surface around the wheel is wet or damp.Can`t find one for fido,then get a bushwacker.Warning though if you forget about it the thing will light up your life.Sort a like grabbing a plugwire.Now if its your neigbors doing this then go to a outdoors/sportsman store and get a bottle of fox sent.Careful with it,after that you can figure out what to do.Problem solved.
                              Bill Harvell

Comment

Working...
                              X