Alta Loma CA Bike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alta Loma CA Bike.

Maybe someone will be interested. Was looking at XS11 stuff and this came up.

1979 yamaha xs1100 750 obo - $750 (alta loma)

I have a 1979 Yamaha xs1100 with only 4200 miles on it. I just paid 600 dollars to have it all rebuilt and found it needs a new transmission and I'm sad to say I'm out of money to finish the bike here is a list of what I did to it

New keys-75$
    New seat-85$
    Claened carbs and rebuild the motor-850$

So if your interested Txt me anytime I understand I'm going to lose money on this but bills are due and I will start another project later in life.

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/4301506468.html

Be Strong and Safe,

Big Pat

That's an 80. I wonder if he has a good title.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I wonder if "new transmission" means second gear fix...
      "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Originally posted by LoHo View Post
        I wonder if "new transmission" means second gear fix...
        From wording, I'd say it still needs the fix.
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

He said needs new transmission...if all it is is the 2nd Gear Dremel Fix, That makes it less of a leap of faith to purchase./
          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

It is definitely an 80 SG, from the pictures and the millage there is not a lot to be done to this bike if all the work he stated has been done. Worst case is probably new wheel and steering stem bearings just form it sitting so long in one spot with that low of miles on it.

The cases show know signs of bad corrosion from sitting in a tough environment. The seat looks about new. The exhaust alone is worth the asking price. I am surprised if the gears are out after that low of miles though. Must have been some hard take offs in that bikes brief past. But realistically, you an get a complete transmission for one for under $100. And having just went through splitting the cases for the first time, I would say it is not that tough or expensive in gaskets or anything to break the cases open and replace the entire tranny. With the parts under $150 including buying tubes of Yamabond, and RTV.

If this one was near me, it would be in my garage.
            Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
            80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Working...
            X