Bob Jones Bikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Jones Bikes

Everyone put their thinking cap on. I am wondering how many custom bikes Bob built and where they are today. Does anybody know where they are? Limie Accent excluded. I remember seeing on e of the SS bikes last year at the XS11 Southeast rally but am not sure who owns it or where it is from.

Mike
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

That one that was at XS Southeast belongs to a guy in Alabama, I don't recall the name now. I seem to recall him saying his brother or someone had another.

Russ has the Navy Bike in Kansas City.

And the Sidecar rig was donated to a motorcycle museum I believe.

Those are the only other ones, other than Limie, I know anything about.
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

didn't he have 1 yellow and black . and another black and yellow .seem to recall those being his personal bikes..seems he had six others he had done for sale on his web site. could be wrong tho.
      when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
      80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

These are a few pics from XS 11 Heaven. Sorry about the quality, they are scanned right out of the book.

Here's a pic of The Navy Bike next to The Street Sleeper in Russ' Garage.

Street Sleeper ( This is the one that was at XS Southeast last fall)

The tank art on The Navy bike Russ has.

Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I think Yellow Jacket and TNT are the two your thinking of graybird.
          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

they are BA80.been so long since iv e seen them . i remember a different military bike than the ones in the pics. iirc it had a plane on the tank asking price was like 7995.00.
            when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
            80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

pretty sure the other military theme bike was a special.

graybird78
              80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

T.N.T. is one bad mo-fo! It's a shame those Maier fairings are so expensive. Maybe I'll find one at one of these bike swap meets.
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Bob hated Specials. He never built one I know of. He hated Specials and Harleys.
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Lol, I can understand his sentiment. Funny how he disliked specials, but had a bunch of standards with fairings. Once those go on, they're all the same.
                    1979 XS1100F
                    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I never met him personally but the bunch of misfits I ride with knew him pretty well. He didn't like Specials because they were meant to be Sportster lookalikes as I understand.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

BA80 wish i had a pic of that bike the tank was definately a special . of all the talks with bob he never mentioned that he did'nt like specials. that bike was on his web site in the for sale .very knoledgealble man is a great loss.

graybird78
                        80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

If you look at that pic of the "frontline" (2nd pic) you'll see by the forks that all of the bikes there are Standards by looking at the forks except the 5th one in. Maybe that's the one.?
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Yup, certainly is.
                            1979 XS1100F

Comment

that bike could be it ? looks like it has buckhorn bars. solid rotors maybe sf. iirc it was a sg. can' remember the color scheme.

graybird78
                              80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

Working...
                              X