Another Alternative to Accel/Dyna Coils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Alternative to Accel/Dyna Coils

I was doing some research before Phil posted the link for the Dyna wires, and came across these coils. Look exactly like Dyna DC coils. Not as cheap, but J&P prices everything high. What do you guys think:

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/534-801
    Last edited by IanDMacDonald; 01-27-2014, 10:34 AM.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

I think that for unproven track record, the same performance and that pricing, I would by the Dyna coils. Or if your a cheap azz like me, the VF1000 type coils.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

We know Dyna and Accel coils work well for a long time. We know at least some other coils are garbage, and they've been documented on this forum. If you wish to be the guinea pig, please do by all means. It's good to have tested alternatives.
      Marty (in Mississippi)
      XS1100SG
      XS650SK
      XS650SH
      XS650G
      XS6502F
      XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by jetmechmarty View Post
        If you wish to be the guinea pig, please do by all means. It's good to have tested alternatives.
        Jeez Marty, how smooth are you?

The term is Beta tester.

CZ

Comment

Hey Ian,

One, they are made in the USA. Two, they have a 2 year warranty, Dyna only offers a 1 year warranty. They are 3 ohm 12 Volt so they match our bikes ignition system. They do NOT come with any hardware?? The Dyna's at least came with basic power/12 V wire connecting/mounting hardware, but not with the plug wires or metal fittings for the plug wires/caps! So...their price is fairly similar to Dyna, and say up to 45Kv, I think the Dyna are close to that as well. Looks like they could be 6 of one, half a dozen of the other!

T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

i have had my dyna coils on the sg for 12+yrs, without so much as a hiccup. i did use accel super stock plug wires
            when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
            80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

Working...
            X