Round-to-its.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round-to-its.

New year. Resolution was to finish all the round-to-its I have sitting around. List got pretty big, pretty fast with some of them real labor intensive. As you can see, these are not limited to the XS. Might have to push some of these back, again.

Replace the shaft boot I have had on the shelf for 6+months.
    Replace headlight with something that will let me see. (Done!!!)
    Find better rear shocks.
    Stainless Brake lines.
    Actually build the wall with the pile of limestone block that has been in the back yard for, hmm, 8-9 months?
    Replace the 39 year old, worn out brake rotors on my Dodge W200 (have the rotors in the pantry, 'bout a year and a half now.) Big pain, ya ever pull a Dana 44 apart? It ain't no fun.
    How about that leaky rear pinion seal, have the parts. Might as well do that, as the rotor job will down the truck for at least two weeks
    Replace the surge brake assembly on my boat trailer (should be easier than the rotors on the truck) But, if I have good brakes on the truck again, do I REALLY need trailer brakes? Hmmmm.
    Start the build on the vintage Taco mini bike sitting in the corner of the man cave. That ones about two years old.
    Put up rain gutters before the rainy season so my front porch dosen't become a wading pool after each rain.

These are just some the "bigger" round-to-its. I have actually knocked out a bunch of the the little ones. Maybe I need to pace myself more.
    When a 10 isn't enough, get a 11. 80g Hardbagger

For me, round-to-it lists always seem to grow exponentially to the speed at which they are accomplished. One may make some progress but the next thing you know, the list is twice as long.

Good luck,
    Larry
    Inventor of the YICS Eliminator. Want one? Get it here.
    http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread...399#post183399

If you're not riding, you're not living!
    82 XJ1100
    80 XS1100G (Project bike)
    64 Yamaha YA-6
    77 Suzuki TS-185

79 XS1100SF Built this one for a friend.
    See it here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYT4C9_6Ac

Comment

Especially if the wife sees the list!
      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

To "done "lists

That is why I make "To done lists"
        At least I can feel as though I am making some headway
        It also helps me to not do the same thing twice,
        (did I change the oil, Adjust those valves??
        78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

round to it

Take a conduit knock-out, stamp "to it" on it, ask your friend if they ever had a project they would do when they got around to it, and give them the knockout. Might make them laugh a bit. My pastor almost fell over laughing.
          put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
          79 F (Blueballs)
          79 SF (Redbutt)
          81 LH (organ donor)
          79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
          76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
          rover has spoken

Comment

Working...
          X