Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• winter

Winter, even in GA.

It has been cold here. 6 degrees f above and colder than freezing for more than 2 days. Snow, but no accumulation. First symptoms of PMS are noticable. Enough for me. I made Reservation to ride south - part of the way toward Key West with Jeff & Don. See SE rally section Feb 7,2014...

For my friends in the Great White North, I do not know how you do it. No wonder some of your winter projects are So Impressive.

Ready for a warm break & some riding? Head South...FAR South.
    It is a great big beautiful world out there
    Brent in GA
    Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Originally posted by Brent View Post
    Winter, even in GA.

It has been cold here. 6 degrees f above and colder than freezing for more than 2 days. Snow, but no accumulation. First symptoms of PMS are noticable. Enough for me. I made Reservation to ride south - part of the way toward Key West with Jeff & Don. See SE rally section Feb 7,2014...

For my friends in the Great White North, I do not know how you do it. No wonder some of your winter projects are So Impressive.

Ready for a warm break & some riding? Head South...FAR South.
    Nothing but TIME here during winter. Roughly 4 feet snow here and every driveway or road is compromised in a big way. I have had 4 loads hauled out just so I can clear my driveway, but yet it is 4 feet narrower than before.
    Just wish I could go south to play on one of my bikes.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Brent, was hoping you would make it all the way to KW, I'm meeting up with the band in Stuart and riding down. Happy Birthday my friend.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

I'd love to do the .KW run on bike. Unfortunately stuck here in -30 last couple nights and a bunch more -20s and snow up the ying yang.. Just picked up a mig welder and taking a glass in March. Have had new pipes and fabricated some brackets. Haven't posted pics yet but got things clamped up and was solid to end the riding season. Not welding till I'm 100 percent sure I can do a good job. Oi really like the lower longer look. laptop crashed and just using my cell now so haven't posted a whole lot.Enjoy the SE Rally and run.
        81 H

Comment

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday hope you had a good day even if it was to cold to ride.Welcome to non riding NORTH CLUB.

Comment

Happy Birthday Brent. Hope you had a great day.
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Happy B-day Brent, hope to see you on the KW ride.
              1980G Standard, Restored
              Kerker 4 - 1
              850 Rear End Mod
              2-21 Flashing LED Arrays on either side of license plate for Brake Light Assist, 1100 Lumen Cree Aux Lights,
              Progressive springs, Showa rear shocks
              Automatic CCT
              1980GH Special, Restored
              Stock Exhaust, New Handlebars, 1" Spacer in Fork Springs, Automatic CCT, Showa Rear Shocks
              '82 XJ1100 (Sold)
              Automatic CCT, RC Engineering 4 X 1 Exhaust, K&N Pods, #50 Pilot Jets, YICS Eliminator. Sorely missed.

Comment

NO Projects Done Here

IMG][/IMG Here is what a typical street in Orillia,Ontario Canada looks like.

Comment

I beat my previous low-temperature riding record 2 days ago, on my way to work, at 4 deg F. That was after a 30-min. freeway commute at 85 mph. Had to use the cage today after several inches of white stuff fell overnight though. We are expecting several more inches tomorrow too. It'll probably be a while before the roads dry out enough to be on 2 wheels again.
                  1980 XS850SG - Sold
                  1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
                  Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
                  Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
                  -H. Ford

Comment

the benefits of 4 seasons.

Good morning. The southern warmer climate areas of our planet are a nice place to visit. I have done so on several occasions. I am always happy to return to the place I call home where there are 4 seasons. The return of spring is always welcome. Time to start of cycle again. Calves are born, wood is cut and stored, food is grown and canned for winter. I find it gives a sense of urgency to know that without hard work in the warmer months winter is not survivable here. Hard work is rewarded with a warm place to stay in winter. Time cannot be wasted you have to make hay when the sun shines. Each season allows our normal rhythms and instincts to flourish. I personally need each season and enjoy them.

Comment

Winter is great till the New Year, then it can goto Hell after!
                      1979 XS1100F
                      2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I'm with Andreas on that one...I could not imagine to live in hot climate...
                        Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Originally posted by andreashweiss View Post
                          Good morning. The southern warmer climate areas of our planet are a nice place to visit. I have done so on several occasions. I am always happy to return to the place I call home where there are 4 seasons.
                          We get 4 seasons down south as well. One week of spring in between freezing to death winter and sweating to death summer, followed by one week of rainy fall weather before falling back into winter for a bit. lol.
                          Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                          '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                          '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100
                          *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

UK....

Winter - cold rain

Summer - slightly warmer rain

Tom
                            1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
                            1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
                            1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
                            1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Belated Happy Birthday Brent!!! 4 seasons are nice indeed...but as I age theres something to be said for a place that only has the warmer climes. Here in NC as in much of the south its been unusually coooooold. This winter is my first down here where I have had to deal with windchill...its been so cold here I've had to drive my cage with winter gloves on! Ah but this weekend its suppose to warm up to the upper 60s'...
                              Also it amazes me when one thinks weather like 20-40 degrees is cold. But once you experience single digits with - temps... then 20 - 40 feels warm...LOL
                              1980 XS650G Special-Two
                              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
                              X