Finished Chopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Chopper

Well Folks here it is. I got the last few pieces done a few weeks ago and took some pics to put up here.

On to the next project.

I found an 49 Harley Panhead at a swap meet as a basket case for 500.00 now time to rebuild her.

Also my parts bike is for sale. It is about 90 or so % complete. It is taken apart though. If you are interested let me know.

Comments ?
    Madness comes from within.

78 XS 1100 E (at Birth) "Madness"
    79 XS1100 parts bike "hunk of junk"
    83 Sportster "Lunacy"
    72 Shovel "Dark Shovel"

Very nice! Now, if you could drill the front rotors to match the rear, and ditch those stock footpegs, you would be taking it up another notch. That's sure some interesting looking front end....
    Ken Talbot

Comment

Nice Rice!

Nice looking scoot. How long did it take to build? It started out as a Standard? Isn't that a Special fuel tank? Are the side covers and rear fender handmade? What type of finish is that on the alternator and clutch cover? Did you polish them, or have them chromed? Is it a vinyl overlay? Are the flames on the tank made from the same material? If I had to dis anything, it would be the tail light assy. It looks like it came from a utility trailer. Other than that, I think it really does look good. It ought to turn a few heads, and shut down a few h-d choppers.

Comment

Hey there Springer,
        That looks awesome!!! Just an FYI, you might not have realised it, but your first picture is a BMP, over 2.5 MB's, you might want to edit/resave that picture as JPG and reupload it changing the link in a new message, cause you won't be allowed to edit your original message(it only allows you 5 minutes from the time you post to decide to edit!!), so it will be a dead link, but that's okay, cause you will have a new message with the "MUCH" smaller JPG link!!
        I've got Broadband access, and it still took over a minute to D/L all the pictures!!
        I live in Va. also, and noticed that you were allowed a Plate to put your Inspection/City stickers on, was that because your front springer tubes were too small to afix them there?? I've been told that I "HAVE TO" put mine on my lower fork tube!!!!!????
        T.C.
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I Think it looks Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Good work!
          '79 Special

Comment

Not really into choppers but I think you did a nice job!
            Gary Granger
            Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
            2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Yes, very well done, very imaginative.
              Marty in NW PA
              Gone - 1978E - one of the first XS11 made
              Gone - 2007A FJR - the only year of Dark Red Metallic
              This IS my happy face.

Comment

Very cool! Did you cut the frame any to lower the seat?
                79 XS1100 f (BIGDOG)
                80 XS650 Special
                85 KAW 454 LTD
                Dirty Dan

Comment

WHOA

Now that is much more than I expected. First off let me thank you all for all your comments. Now let me try to answer all the questions.

The front rotors are my next project on this bike. I am planning to drill them out this winter or maybe a rainy day this summer.

I have been working on this bike since August of last year. I believe it started out as a standard. The side covers and rear fender where made by a friend of a friend out of Aluminium. The alternator and cluch cover are chromed there is some pitting so that will take some more work but it is a project no matter how much I think it is done. The flames on the tank are a vinyl overlay that my Wife got for me for my birthday. I also dont like the tailight I am trying to find the one that catches my eye so to speak. I will find it in time.

Anyway the front end is an old H D Piece that came with the bike but it was messed up lots of rust and real weak fixed that issue. The frame we took out about 10 inches or so. the sissy bar is also a H D part. The seat pan and seat where custom made no store bought there. I have to say that the seat is brutal on long rides. I rode about 300 miles over the weekend and my butt is still numb.. The pipes are oh so loud I am thinking of maybe drilling out the baffles to make it louder but I probably wont do that.

I will correct the big pic thing I grabbed the wrong pic.

That inspection plate was a neccesity considering the springers narrow tubes. The city stick is down behind the air cleaners and is difficult to see unless you are right on top of it.

I put a 17" rear tire on it so that I could get a little wider stance make all the difference with that springer.

Thank you all for the comments and suggestions. I appreciate them very very much. Lots of hard work and LOTS OF FUN doing it. I have learned a great deal so far in this hourney and I still have a lot to learn.

Thanks Again everyone.

John K
                  Madness comes from within.

78 XS 1100 E (at Birth) "Madness"
                  79 XS1100 parts bike "hunk of junk"
                  83 Sportster "Lunacy"
                  72 Shovel "Dark Shovel"

Comment

Your friend interested in making some more of those side covers? I bet they would sell pretty good since the stock ones are so hard to find.

Comment

Working...
                    X