No announcement yet.

A dream fulfilled and a new era.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A dream fulfilled and a new era.......

Was on a business trip in Arizona and made a spur of the moment purchase.

I am the proud owner of a 2001 Indian Chief that I love. Being an Indian owner has always been a dream for me, so I just went ahead and did it. Was sweating a little when I came home at Midnight and had to break the news to the wife in the morning. Went better than I expected. All she said was "its gorgeous"! I have put on 1000 miles in just over 10 days.

Thanks to my 81 XS 1100 Special for putting the love of riding back in me after a 25 year furlow.....

But now it is time to sell the XS. It has 51k miles on it and I have it looking really sweet. Runs great, shifts great. I have spare rotors, unopened new brake pads, spare exhaust, new oil and air filters and extra left handlebar contriols.

The bike looks great. I have the faring and bags but they woulld need repainting.

The question......what do you think it is worth? I hate to part it out as it is such a good runner.

Anybody in Southern California interested?

Thanks

Their value varies on how interested the buyer is. A really nice XS/XJ can get from $1500-2000 as far as I'm concerned. It may fetch more if the buyer really has his heart set on an XJ. Especially with the spare parts.

Comment

San Diego XS11$

Good to hear that you got a bike your really wanted.

I follow the prices of San Diego XS11's in the Cycle Trader and the Union- Trib. I have seen bikes in this area from $185 [parts bike] to $2000 [very low mi.] The average seems to be about $1,100 +/- . The latest is an '80 Special in the CT [beauitful cond., orig., oil cooler, etc.] listed four weeks ago at $1,795 with extra parts bike. Last weeks issue at $1,495 with extras. A lot of motorcylces to choose from in the San Diego, but a good time to sell one.

Please let me know what you are asking for the left hand control and the set of [stock?] pipes.

Big Pat

Comment

You look like a guy who can have two... bikes.
        OK, everybody does... :P

LP
        If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
        (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
        X