xj parts bike value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xj parts bike value

i have 82 xj with 11k on it. ibought for some parts of it for my sg.parts i want to keep are the tank rear shocks and anything isefull. rest is up for grabs bike is a full dresser.had been sitting for 10yrs .motor will run.clutch locked up i think.is there intrest for parts for these bikes most parts look new. came with fsm and oem tool kit.
    when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
    80 sg (old faithfull)

You'll do best selling it one piece at a time. Your brothers on here should be able to pick it clean.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by graybird78 View Post
      i have 82 xj with 11k on it. ibought for some parts of it for my sg.parts i want to keep are the tank rear shocks and anything isefull. rest is up for grabs bike is a full dresser.had been sitting for 10yrs .motor will run.clutch locked up i think.is there interest for parts for these bikes most parts look new. came with fsm and oem tool kit.
      Hi 'bird,
      has it got a title and is your State one that makes it impossible to get an untitled bike re-titled?
      If no and yes your only recourse is to part it out.
      If yes or no and no it'd be nice to get the XJ back on the road again.
      From posts here the shocks are a plus on an SG but the tank is by no means a drop-on for any XS11.
      As I remember, there's cutting, welding and fiddling around involved.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

would have been nice bike . but no title, most parts are very nice shape. has oe seat with double bucket too. not sure what to ask. Im sure the brothers need parts.
        when you want something bad enough, don't let anything stand in your way, and don't take "no" for an answer. EVER

graybird78
        80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

state makes it almost impossible to get title.

graybird78
          80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

know tank needs mods to fit. tired of filling up every few days.not fond of look of standard tanks.

graybird78
            80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen a fully dressed XJ. Do you have any pics of the bags, etc...? I would be interested if the price is right.
              "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Originally posted by XJkid View Post
                I don't think I have ever seen a fully dressed XJ. Do you have any pics of the bags, etc...? I would be interested if the price is right.
                Here's the purdy-est one..

Alas... It's now in some very wealthy person's collection.
                Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                '06 Suzuki DR650
                *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
                '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
                '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
                '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                '81 XS1100 Special
                '81 YZ250
                '80 XS850 Special
                '80 XR100
                *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

That shore is purdy! I could be partial, but I think the XJ is the best looking of the bunch. Did they not have lowers or trunks? I've seen fairings on E-bay, but they were more Star Trekky. Were there 2 styles available?
                  "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Maybe Bob Embrey will post on here soon. He had a full bagger with the trunk and everything.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
                    '06 Suzuki DR650
                    '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                    '81 XS1100 Special
                    '81 YZ250
                    '80 XS850 Special
                    '80 XR100

Comment

Originally posted by XJkid View Post
                      That shore is purdy! I could be partial, but I think the XJ is the best looking of the bunch. Did they not have lowers or trunks? I've seen fairings on E-bay, but they were more Star Trekky. Were there 2 styles available?
                      The one Trbig showed has the Vetter fairing, but does have the TourPac sidecases that were available from YammyAccessories at that time. That bike now sets in a muesum in Europe. Mike in San Diego has the optional TourPac fairing on his XJ, just not the hard cases. I believe the 83' and later Ventures had the same hard cases, just a matter of modifiying the mounting hardware to the XJ.
                      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

this one is fully loaded. has vetter windjammer v with lowers,trunk ,and side bags,and also hiway pegs.almost forgot has cycle sound too.will have to get pics up.when i figure that out.not very computer savy.

graybird78
                        80 sg (old faithfull)

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                          That bike now sets in a muesum in Europe.

I was talking to Cody a couple weeks ago and he says the bike is still here in the U.S. somewhere on the east coast. The collector kept it here in the states. He lost that bike over a bet with Bohn Frazer.. lol. Bohn was telling him that he thought that bike would sell for 5-6k dollars. Cody said there was no way these old bikes would bring that much even though he'd put about 12k into it. So he put it on Ebay, figuring it'd get a bid for 4k MAYBE.. so he set the reserve at $7500 just to be sure it didn't actually sell. Final bid was close to 8k.. lol. SOLD!!

And Greybird... your signature... Isn't that a rapists moto?? lol..

Current bikes:
                          '06 Suzuki DR650
                          '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
                          '81 XS1100 Special
                          '81 YZ250
                          '80 XS850 Special
                          '80 XR100