Tale of the Two Gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tale of the Two Gs

I have been spending some time on one of the 2 Gs that I got earlier this year (summer). Starting on the red (burgundy) one first. So far it has a new headlight bulb (Sylvania). I have rebuilt the carbs and synced. Running quite well. Also adjusted valves. I am going to go through all of the brakes next. Have changed oil and filter, middle/final gear oils, and fork oil. Bike only has 15K miles on it. Has really nice paint. Although one of the saddle bag tops needs to be repainted. I am going to have that done soon. Bike is a full bagger with Vetter radio in fairing. The trunk is Vetter as well. I am likely going to keep this one.

The other (grey) G will have same treatment. It needs both bag tops and trunk top repainted. Will be having that done. Will check and/or repair as needed. It is a full bagger with Vetter radio in the fairing also. This one has 25K miles on it. Both are really nice bikes and will be as close to perfect as I can get them when done. When I finish they will need nothing but to be ridden.

The grey one will be for sale when finished.

Mike
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike

The Official Colors

My description of the paint colors was not exactly correct. The red (burgundy) one as I described is officially "New Ruby Red". The grey one as I described is officially "Diamond Silver". Just thought I should correct that.

MP

Originally posted by MPittma100 View Post
    I have been spending some time on one of the 2 Gs that I got earlier this year (summer). Starting on the red (burgundy) one first. So far it has a new headlight bulb (Sylvania). I have rebuilt the carbs and synced. Running quite well. Also adjusted valves. I am going to go through all of the brakes next. Have changed oil and filter, middle/final gear oils, and fork oil. Bike only has 15K miles on it. Has really nice paint. Although one of the saddle bag tops needs to be repainted. I am going to have that done soon. Bike is a full bagger with Vetter radio in fairing. The trunk is Vetter as well. I am likely going to keep this one.

The other (grey) G will have same treatment. It needs both bag tops and trunk top repainted. Will be having that done. Will check and/or repair as needed. It is a full bagger with Vetter radio in the fairing also. This one has 25K miles on it. Both are really nice bikes and will be as close to perfect as I can get them when done. When I finish they will need nothing but to be ridden.

The grey one will be for sale when finished.

Mike
    1981 XS1100H Venturer
    K&N Air Filter
    ACCT
    Custom Paint by Deitz
    Geezer Rectifier/Regulator
    Chacal Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines
    Chrome Front Rotor & Caliper Covers
    Stebel Nautilus Horn
    EBC Front Rotors
    Limie Accent Moves On In 2015

Mike