X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess I'm not the only crazy...

...riding in November.

Saw this 11 parked outside a local bar.

It appears to be enjoyed and someone took the care to make it their own. Note the standard tank and special side covers???

The aluminum tail cowl is also interesting.

Never heard of this exhaust before...R.C. Performance Products. It looks like it required a "custom mount" so I'm not sure what that implies.

Anyway, I'd been away for a while, but I saw this bike and thought I'd just pop in and post a couple pics.
    '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
    '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

While I'm at it...

Here's a pic that was taken about 20 feet away, but 1 month earlier! Another local has an XS, but didn't meet the owner of this one either.

Is this the color of Nate's bike also?

I think the painted "YAMAHA" badges work on this bike.

Comment

RC is a Russ Collins racing exhaust. Pretty sure that bike belongs to someone on here, I remember seeing a pic of that small red bike before on here.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

The first bike exhaust is a Russ Collins

Check THIS out
        Last edited by TomB; 11-03-2013, 05:19 PM.
        Tom
        1982 5K7 Sport, restored to original from a wreck
        1978 2H9 (E), my original XS11, mostly original
        1980 2H9 monoshocked (avatar pic)http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...psf30aa1c8.jpg
        1982 XJ1100, waiting resto to original

Comment

Originally posted by bikerphil View Post
          RC is a Russ Collins racing exhaust. Pretty sure that bike belongs to someone on here, I remember seeing a pic of that small red bike before on here.
          The red Kawasaki is mine, the 11 belongs to "the other crazy."

Originally posted by TomB View Post
          The first bike exhaust is a Russ Collins

Check THIS out
          Cool article on Russ Collins. I'd be proud to have that exhaust if it were mine. I stumbled upon the "RC Eng" website, and it has a picture of what is probably the triple-engine bike. That's amazing! http://www.rceng.com/history.aspx

Comment

I think Nate's is a little different shade. Mine is a different shade of that as well.
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I guess I belong to "crazy club" too, lol

been riding almost everyday that doesn't rain
              Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Well crap, call me super-crazy, cuz I've even been riding in the rain! My bike is outside in the parking lot right now, lol. I have heated gear.
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

double crazy

Took my # 2 1100 out this A.M.
                  65 degrees here in Denver
                  Clouded up abit so took my recently purchased
                  WR 250 out also.
                  What could be better?
                  78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

Snow on the roof of my truck in a protected area measured between 12 and 18 inches of snow we had in the last day. The car which is in a bit more wind blown area had an average of 13 inches on it. Semi's are stuck on side roads and the sirens have been going steady.
                    As my car is dragging bottom on most of the roads that have not been cleared and we are possibly getting another 4 inches (predicted) tonight, I highly doubt I will be riding again until spring.
                    2-79 XS1100 SF
                    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
                      I think Nate's is a little different shade. Mine is a different shade of that as well.
                      Yeah, mine is a bit darker of a yellow and no emblems.
                      Nathan
                      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
                      K&N Filter
                      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
                      OEM Exhaust
                      ATK Fork Brace
                      LED Dash lights
                      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
                      SS Brake Lines
                      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

I have RC exhaust on both my 11s but its different than that. That one has a very long collector. Not sure I like how long it is.

Here's mine.

Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
                        Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
                        Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
                        Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
                        Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
                        K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
                        81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Not to hijack but...

Originally posted by CRXSi90 View Post
                          The red Kawasaki is mine, the 11 belongs to "the other crazy."

Cool article on Russ Collins. I'd be proud to have that exhaust if it were mine. I stumbled upon the "RC Eng" website, and it has a picture of what is probably the triple-engine bike. That's amazing! http://www.rceng.com/history.aspx
                          ...check the following site out :

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=99452.0

I've been following the historical reincarnation of the Sorcerer and The AT&SF for the past two years.

Can't wait to see 'em back on the strip

Oh yah here's my little piece of history that is going on my SF

1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                          1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                          1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                          1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                          1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Oh man. Can I interest you in a trade? Im not using one of my kidneys at the moment!
                            Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
                            Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
                            Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
                            Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
                            Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
                            K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
                            81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by Tat2demon View Post
                              Oh man. Can I interest you in a trade? Im not using one of my kidneys at the moment!
                              Hahaha !!! That's funny right there I don't care who ya are

Don't need a kidney yet but I'll make a note of the generous offer JIC

When I bought my '80G in '92 the RC's came with as an extra and were covered in yellow overspray. The 4 into 1 that was on the G broke at the flanges so I had to clean the "Extra Exhaust " up and use it.

Not knowing, what this site has shown me about carbs and tuning, at that time, they didn't have a good mid range until I packed the baffles.

They have a great sound without packing and that's how I'll run them on my '79SF, with of course, the tuning knowledge gleaned from this site.
                              1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
                              1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
                              1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
                              1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
                              1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Working...
                              X