slide diaphragms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slide diaphragms

Has anyone tried these people? It sounds good, $20 a piece. I have been working with my xs750 and my diaphrams have holes in them. Will holes in the diaphragms make the idle hang? Does anyone have any diaphrams? The xs750 and xs1100 have the same ones. Thanks.
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

slide diaphrams

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
    Has anyone tried these people? It sounds good, $20 a piece. I have been working with my xs750 and my diaphrams have holes in them. Will holes in the diaphragms make the idle hang? Does anyone have any diaphrams? The xs750 and xs1100 have the same ones. Thanks.
    I did not see in your post who these people are. I bought mine for my xs11 at JBM industries. They work great and holes will cause wierd idle issues.

Comment

Duh! man, I am sorry, here is the link, I forgot it and its the same place you used. http://jbmindustries.com/Yamaha650.html
      Jeff

Comment

The XS650 folks say good things about them. There are a couple of other options.
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Those diaphragms work great and are easy to install. I have them in my carbs right now.
          80 SG XS1100
          14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Slide diaphragms

I bought a set and they work great.
            They have a tutorial on their site It's a pretty simple procedure,
            Make sure the little hole inside your slide faces the intake side.
            It's easier to seat the diaphragm in the carb body groove if you lift the slide a bit
            Good luck.
            Joe
            78standard,79 & 80 Specials; 2 x 650 Maxims; 4 x RD350's; yz450; 2 x Honda tlr's;2x jt1 mini.

Comment

thanks guys. I am going to order them. 2 of the 3 on the 750 had little holes in them but I am going to go ahead and get all 3. Could these cause a hanging idle? that's the problem I was having. I also have all 3 intake valves too tight and one exhaust too tight.
              Jeff

Comment

thanks guys. I am going to order them. 2 of the 3 on the 750 had little holes in them but I am going to go ahead and get all 3. Could these cause a hanging idle? that's the problem I was having. I also have all 3 intake valves too tight and one exhaust too tight.
                Sounds like they need to be synced still if you have a hanging idle. Otherwise I would check the cable isn't hanging up. Holes in the diaphragms would make the slide slow to lift and make it sluggish.
                '79 XS11 F
                Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

I never synched them, just a bench synch. I have never synched the xs1100 either but it must be a lot closer cause it runs great. I just thought it was weird that I could turn all mixture screw and it didn't make a difference.
                  Jeff

Comment

Has anyone tried the plastidip that is in the tech tips for fixing the pinholes in the diaphragms? I am going to try it. That is all that is keeping me from fixing the xs750 at this time and if it don't work, I will just get new ones. Just wondering if anyone has tried the plastidip though. THanks.
                    Jeff

Comment

I fixed a couple of little holes with rubber cement or something similar. Emphasis on little.

I think way too much weight get put on carb sync. Yes, the sync will get the idle near perfect, but you can have a great running bike and never put the sticks on it.

I don't believe holes in the diaphragm will have much effect on idle. I think something else is the issue. You may have missed something along the way.

Also, check out eBay seller MOTOALLPARTS. He's got diaphragms and 100% positive feedback. He also has a nice tutorial posted in his listings.
                      Marty (in Mississippi)
                      XS1100SG
                      XS650SK
                      XS650SH
                      XS650G
                      XS6502F
                      XS650E

Comment

I used the plastidip and the bike runs pretty good right now. I think my whole problem might be one of those carb boot clamps. I cant get the middle one tight because its stripped. After I get a new clamp, I think it will be good to go.
                        Jeff

Comment

Has anyone tried the plastidip that is in the tech tips for fixing the pinholes in the diaphragms? I am going to try it. That is all that is keeping me from fixing the xs750 at this time and if it don't work, I will just get new ones. Just wondering if anyone has tried the plastidip though. THanks.
                          Won't work for very long as the plasti-dip doesn't withstand the fuel fumes up in that area. When removing the slides/diaphrams later on, you will find pieces of plasti-dip everywhere in tha chamber......BTDT.
                          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

I figure that will happen. I will get new rubbers before spring.
                            Jeff

Comment

I believe the recommended fix for the diaphragms is gorilla glue.
                              1979 XS1100F
                              2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Working...
                              X