Biker Boyz Gone Bad...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid should be painful.

Like Steve said, there is more video than what they are putting on youtube but my guess is that it no longer exists. There are probably also more cameras, but those videos will not be released. There is more to this story but my bets are 100% that it would just keep proving that this is totally the bikers fault
    Nathan
    KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
    K&N Filter
    #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
    OEM Exhaust
    ATK Fork Brace
    LED Dash lights
    Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
    SS Brake Lines
    Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

From what I understand, the whole thing came about from them trying to close the road down to stunts and the SUV didn't comply, but went around the group trying to stop people. Then when the "Bikers" got around the car, he honked at them.. and that's all it took for them to begin damaging the car. If you look at the video they keep showing, the side view mirror is already damaged by that point.

If that were me in the video with my wife and family, people would be asking why some guy went on a rampage and left DOZENS of bikes/bikers strewn around the countryside. What really stunned me was all the guys willing to use their expensive helmets as a flail.
      Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
      '06 Suzuki DR650
      *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
      '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
      '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
      '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
      '81 XS1100 Special
      '81 YZ250
      '80 XS850 Special
      '80 XR100
      *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

Originally posted by trbig View Post
        If that were me in that video with my wife and family, people would be asking why some guy went on a rampage and left DOZENS of bikes/bikers strewn around the countryside.
        And, why did he have to shoot so many of them. I would do the same, especially once the guy opened the door he would have had a bullet in him. Smash the window, there is another one.
        Nathan
        KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
        K&N Filter
        #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
        OEM Exhaust
        ATK Fork Brace
        LED Dash lights
        Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
        SS Brake Lines
        Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

It's sad that this has happened, but I'm glad it happened AFTER our Rally ride this past weekend. We (the group of ~15+ bikes) got hung up behind this woman/snail in a small car, and a dually running behind her on a 2 lane mountain road. There were multiple pull off places where both could have used to let us get by, but NO....they just snailed there for miles. The group leader kept flashing his lights at them to signal to them our desire to get by to no avail.

Finally BNE/Madmax-im got fed up and flew to the front of the pack, and then passed the 2 vehicles, and then slowed signaling them to slow/stop. Once they were stopped, we were able to get passed them so that we could better enjoy the twisty road miles ahead. Of course we were NOT riding wrecklessly prior to this, just normal staggered formation for miles and miles of painfully slow drudgery!

T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Well I've had time to rethink what I did and first off...I am somewhat amazed I did that...it was highly risky...and it could have been very ugly indeed...I surely hope I didn't jeopardize others by doing this but I most likely did...that does disturb me...in retrospect
            1980 XS650G Special-Two
            1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

For a good 10 miles I had been thinking of passing everyone...I was running 7th in our formation plus 2 cages in front that were torturously dragging along...we kept shifting from 2nd to 3rd gears endlessly....some of us were close to reserve gas...I kept seeing stretches of roadway that were briefly long enough to pass everything but the two way traffic was heavy... finally after about 12 miles of 25 to 30 mph I saw an opening and cculated my xs11's abity to eat the distance quickly...passed 6 bikes and 2 cages..then slowed them to a dead stop...right in the middle of the road...had to make sure oncoming traffic had stopped too...then I waved our group to pass and everyone did...then we were able to book it on out ta there....never want to ride that road again..on a sunday
              1980 XS650G Special-Two
              1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by madmax-im View Post
                Well I've had time to rethink what I did and first off...I am somewhat amazed I did that...it was highly risky...and it could have been very ugly indeed...I surely hope I didn't jeopardize others by doing this but I most likely did...that does disturb me...in retrospect
                What you did is a bit different; first, you weren't 'stunting' behind them. Second, it was a single bike, not a group all around. And I'm sure most of the group were greybeards and not as intimidating as a bunch of squids...
                Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
                '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
                '82 XJ rebuild project
                '80SG restified, red SOLD
                '79F parts...
                '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
                '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
                '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
                '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
                Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
                Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

I would love to see this
                  Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Working...
                  X