Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A photo of my XS11

This is how it looked at the start of summer

Interesting. I like the stainless look on the tank.
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

I see it's a hardtail, but you have a nice springy seat!

I'm curious about the large link chain running around the engine case??
      Is that your security measure that you put around the front wheel when you park??

That tank is quite shiny, almost looks like it was CHROMED?? You can see the reflections of the clouds in the second photo.

T.C.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

The tank and rear fender are polished,not to a high degree but yes you can see yourself in it.Theres no paint on any part,it's all been sand or vapour or soda blasted or dipped in acid to clean it all.Then it was all clear powder coated.If you look hard enough you might see my home made shock under the seat which is squashed via a rocker arm that's just behind my back seat and the swingarm.Me chain crash protection stops too much damage if I drop it and yes one side does go through my crash helmet and the front wheel or a buddy's bike or street furniture.
        Last edited by snapondreamer; 09-24-2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I like the raw look! Very nice!
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

First thing I thought of was a bulldog.

Thats a mean, stocky loooking xs!
            79F
            "Excelsior"
            Honda gl1100 handlebar
            Vetter IV fairing with speaker system
            OE headers,Jardine slipons
            Hid headlight 6000k
            Stock jets
            Shinko 712 F & R
            Oe hardbags and luggage rack
            TC fuse block
            K&n filter with oe airbox
            Raptor 660 Acct

Comment

Lots of stuff going on here.....
              I've never seen clear powder coating before. Where did you put the battery and electronics?...in the bag below the headlight? What's the box clamped below the frame? Also I see fuel lines going down behind the engine instead of up to the tank....
              Last edited by knybanjo; 09-24-2013, 10:02 PM.
              .....>SmugMug coupon 0E8WP3kJcvvbY save $5 ..........>The Banjo Rides
              There’s something about going riding with your friends, a feeling of freedom, a feeling of joy that really can’t be put into words.
              It can only be fully shared by someone who’s done it.......... on any sunday

Comment

Hi snapon,
                never mind the bike, what's that building propped up with huge boulders?
                Fred Hill, S'toon
                XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The building is a restaurant that over looks north and south coasts of cornwall.Crazy huh!

Comment

Originally posted by snapondreamer View Post
                    The building is a restaurant that over looks north and south coasts of cornwall.Crazy huh!
                    Hi snapon,
                    looks neat, what's the building's name/place so I can find it on Google Earth?
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

The building is called Carn brea castle,its near Redruth Cornwall.

Comment

THIS IS a building!!Its in my town centre

Comment

Here's another snap of when I had only had this XS11 for a few weeks back in 1988.

We'r on our way to Le Mans 24hour motorcycle endurance race and its quite early morning

Comment

Originally posted by snapondreamer View Post
                            Here's another snap of when I had only had this XS11 for a few weeks back in 1988. - - -
                            We're on our way to Le Mans 24hour motorcycle endurance race and its quite early morning
                            Hi snapon,
                            seems that while a bike with rear suspension can make it all the way to the south of France, the same bike hardtailed can only get (somewhat appropriately) as far as Folly in Cornwall?
                            Fred Hill, S'toon
                            "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Fred, it's not a hardtail. It's got a monoshock. Read post #4.
                              79 SF Special W/ Stock all original motor @ 384,000klms
                              Stock exhaust, stock airbox, XJ sump, 78E carbs, Xs1100RH seat, Bosch superhorns, 5/8ths front M/c, braided lines, sintered SBS pads, drilled discs, progressive springs, 8" 50w HID headlight 4300K, 2 x 50w HID spiral driving lights, KONI shocks, Spade fuse box
                              *Touring mode - Plexistar 2 screen, Gearsack rack & bag & saddlebags, homebuilt towbar
                              *"The Keg"- UC torana hubs, XS11 discs, Tokico 4 spot calipers

Comment

Working...
                              X