Handlebar pics thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handlebar pics thread

Ok, I am looking to buy an aftermarket set of handlebars. The problem is, I get so stressed out trying to figure out the best to buy. When I bought my windshield the other day, it took forever to hit that buy button. It would help me out a lot if you guys with different handlebars would post up a pic and what the name of the bars are. Thanks a lot guys.
    Jeff
    77 XS750 2D completely stock
    79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Here is a pic of my dearly departed Thunderstruck with a set of LTD bars, they are roughly the same dimensions as the Goldwing bars.

This is a blow up of that pic, little grainy but see the bars better.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
      Ok, I am looking to buy an aftermarket set of handlebars. The problem is, I get so stressed out trying to figure out the best to buy. When I bought my windshield the other day, it took forever to hit that buy button. It would help me out a lot if you guys with different handlebars would post up a pic and what the name of the bars are. Thanks a lot guys.
      Hi jj,
      here's a page from MikesXS that has names and photos:-
      http://www.mikesxs.net/products-58.html#products
      However, 'bars is like shoes, they may look OK in the catalog but you won't know if they fit until you try them on.
      Go to a bike shop, there should be a rack of different bars someplace.
      Or cheaper, find a swapmeet, never been to a 'meet yet that didn't have a table selling used bars.
      Pick one up and hold it out in front of you to see how it feels.
      Repeat until you find one that fits.
      Take a caliper.
      The 1" Harley bars are easy to spot but BMW bars are 22mm instead of 7/8" and that 0.008" smaller will let them slip round in the clamps.
      Fred Hill, S'toon
      XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
      "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
      X