No announcement yet.

Newbie from other side of the planet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beautiful bike FC, just like mine! Your stock exhaust will be coveted by many on here, keep an eye on it.
    Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words.
      The air horns dont really do it for me either but "cripes" are they loud.
      As it happens the kickstart lever is where it should be. Which is nice.
      My first priority is to fix the leaky fork seals and put a new tyre on the front, then get it registered so I can legally ride it.
      I noticed with some concern that the top triple clamps had no bolts in them. You can see this in the picture of the speedo.
      I would also be interested to hear about the top fork tube bolts. Mine has got air valves on them. Was wondering if that's normal for this year model?
      79 SF
      Honda KO 750
      Honda K2 750 Bobber in progress
      Moto Guzzi 1000cc mongrel custom
      HD FXST 2008
      Bonneville SE 2010 (wifeys)

Comment

Very nice bike FC. I think you are supposed to have a bolt through that hole but I would have to go out and look at mine, somebody else will know for sure. As to the air valves, they are correct on that bike.
        Jeff
        77 XS750 2D completely stock
        79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Nice looking bike! And yes, you should have a bolt in that top triple tree hole. That is all that connects the forks to the upper triple tree.
          Nathan
          KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
          K&N Filter
          #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
          OEM Exhaust
          ATK Fork Brace
          LED Dash lights
          Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
          SS Brake Lines
          Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Posting photos.

Hey there Far Canal,

Okay, in Photobucket, hover your mouse over the thumbnail...in the upper right corner you'll see a gear symbol that you hover over, and then several text choices will pop up, go to the GET LINKs and click on it, a new popup window will appear, click on the LAST set which are the IMG
            tags, and it will automatically copy it to your clipboard/computer/windows temporary memory.

Next open a new Notepad document and PASTE that link into it. It will be rather LONG. The first part of the LINK will be http://tags and text...delete everyt...ete the ending tag. Repeat this for all photos you want to post.

THEN...highlight and recopy the remaining text which will be the actual PHOTO link info, and then post that into your message/thread post window here. Then your photos will show in fairly large format....if they are larger than 800 wide, our site will resize them to fit on the page, but can be viewed in their larger size by folks just clicking on the image.

Below is an example of your first photo with extra spaces to turn off the tags functionality. Then I posted the remaining photos.
            Remember to put a carriage return/new line(Enter button) after each image tag so that the photos will appear below each other and not side by side which would cause excessive sidescrolling!

[ URL=http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/bambambessie/media/DSCF3280_zps140f5510.jpg.html][ IMG]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t553/bambambessie/DSCF3280_zps140f5510.jpg[/IMG ][/URL ]

T.C.
            T. C. Gresham
            81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
            79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
            History shows again and again,
            How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Hi Topcat.
              Great advice and thank you for that.
              I was going to ask the question about how to get the images directly on the page rather than a link but didn't want to appear stupid.
              I did mention earlier that I'm not too sharp on a computer and although your advice initially sent me to the corner of the room curled up in the foetal position biting my nails and shaking, I trust that it is good advice and I will endeavor to study it and work it out.
              79 SF
              Honda KO 750
              Honda K2 750 Bobber in progress
              Moto Guzzi 1000cc mongrel custom
              HD FXST 2008
              Bonneville SE 2010 (wifeys)

Comment

Working...
              X