Just my luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just my luck

Went out today to start on the carbs and discovered a little treat so to speak. Someone in the middle of the night decided to steal them!!!! so now I am reaching out to everyone here to see if you have a full set of carbs that I can do payments on? I will pay the shipping just need to be able to do payments. I am freaking so pissed right now cause some little jerk came onto my property stole them and the police are basically telling me I am screwed.

If anyone has any that they are willing to work with me on please PM me or comment or text or call me
    509-593-9372
    79 SF

Wow, did I just give advice? should I be doing that?

1983 GL1100 bored to a 1300 sold
    1976cb750 project gifted to brother
    1979 xs1100s currently working on

Wanting to have that head turner that makes people shut up!

that might be the craziest thing I've ever heard stolen!
    1979 XS1100F
    2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

it seriously pisses me off. I took them off last night to check them and make sure all was good. got dark so I put them to the side put a shop rag over them and my bike is tucked in the corner. It isnt the only thing that was stolen but it was the only major part of my bike that was stolen. Not to mention I had my radio stolen out of my truck and a ton of other ****. This is just not my time. Do you know anyone that has a carb set that would work with me? Anyone?
      79 SF

Comment

I will look when I get home next week but I think so...

I need to check to see if they are complete.

John
        John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
        '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
        Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

You think u have a full set? You can call or text me 5095939372
          79 SF

Comment

I have a full set...just want to make sure they were not robbed of parts. Am in italy. Will wait to call

John
            John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
            '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
            Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Yeah don't call me from Italy. Way to expensive for both of us. Please just let me know asap. Thanks
              79 SF

Comment

Originally posted by jwhughes3 View Post
                I have a full set...just want to make sure they were not robbed of parts. Am in italy. Will wait to call

John
                Globe trotter.......bring me a REAL pizza.
                Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by dondons1984 View Post
                  it seriously pisses me off. I took them off last night to check them and make sure all was good. got dark so I put them to the side put a shop rag over them and my bike is tucked in the corner. - - -
                  Hi Don,
                  I read your first post and thought "it takes a real good mechanic to remove XS11 carbs in the dark, Don should seek him out and become his friend"
                  but this post says you did the hard part for him.
                  Your radio and all that other stuff going missing shoulda told you to take the carbs home with you.
                  (Alas that the radio/distance trigger/nailbomb is no longer available.)
                  But I wouldn't razz you unless I could help.
                  I bought a '79(ish, cast tops not tin ones) XS11 carb rack at a swapmeet.
                  Looks like they are complete but some internals may be missing, I've never been inside them to look.
                  Seems you need them way more than I do.
                  PM me your postal address and I'll mail them to you.
                  Shipping cost from Saskatoon should be about $20, pay me when you can.
                  Last edited by fredintoon; 07-14-2013, 09:44 AM.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

You should check Ebay and other sites like it you may see them posted for sale. I do not think the little hoodlems have a lot of places to get rid of such an Item unless they have a bike for them. Check Ebay for bikes for sale also as they may have just needed carbs. More than likely it will be within walking distance to you. It may be a good Idea to use an Uncles address from out of town to write them requesting other information like did they come off a running bike etc etc. It's worth a shot. Better lock everything up or set a bear trap as they usually come back for more.

Sorry for your loss.
                    To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
                    1980 G Silverbird
                    Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
                    1198 Overbore kit
                    Grizzly 660 ACCT
                    Barnett Clutch Springs
                    R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
                    122.5 Main Jets
                    ACCT Mod
                    Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
                    Antivibe Bar ends
                    Rear trunk add-on
                    http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Oh trust me. I got my motorcycle locked up and everything else. I've been keeping my eye out and waiting for them to come back. If they do my dogs are hungry and I don't tolerate thieves. I know most of the motorcycle riders here and I haven't seen any Xs bikes so if I do I'll follow come up on him say how nice his bike is and see if it has this mark on his carbs that I had. Good part is that I have the mark in a photo by coincidence and luck. You truly have to be special to steal. But Andreas has come to the rescue and is sending me some Monday and says I'll have them Wednesday.
                      79 SF

Comment

Giving advice is good if you truely believe in what you say. Afterward not following that advice is a mistake. Telling people you failed, by not following your own advice, well that would just make you so special.
                        To fix the problem one should not make more assumptions than the minimum needed.

Rodan
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khm6...liHntN91DHjHiS
                        1980 G Silverbird
                        Original Yamaha Fairfing and Bags
                        1198 Overbore kit
                        Grizzly 660 ACCT
                        Barnett Clutch Springs
                        R1 Clutch Fiber Plates
                        122.5 Main Jets
                        ACCT Mod
                        Mac 4-2 Flare Tips
                        Antivibe Bar ends
                        Rear trunk add-on
                        http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z329/viperron1/

Comment

Well as far as I see it this will all fix itself.
                          79 SF

Comment

I don't know about you Don but I'm not absolutely sure what exactly ViperRon is trying to say but keep your posterior covered. I'm just glad I have a garage to keep stuff in.

It's hard to say if they actually knew what they were taking or if they were just stealing because they could. Could be either way.
                            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Oh I will. I find the person who did it then I will call the police.
                              79 SF

Comment

Working...
                              X