Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Michigan

Hi There,

Long time rider, first time owner of an XS1100.
    For no good reason at all I fell in love with a 79 that has been bobbed. It is in sharp contrast to my very practical other bike - 2007 KLR650 - that I use for daily commute.
    Was going to put a picture, but can't I guess.
    Live in Michigan, love to ride. Rode all 12 months in some way, shape or form for about 6 years but got a little too fragile!
    Once upon a time a few of us started at site dedicated to folks who made the effort to ride 12 month a year: www.yearroundriders.com Nice bunch of folks from around the country and some other countries as well. They practice bike ecumenism - just ride, we don't care what!
    I am a gear wearing rider: helmet, boots, gloves, jacket - the only sometimes part of the costume is pants.

Used to ride Beemers, until the honked me off to no end. Blabbed about it here:
    http://cliffsriffs.blogspot.com/2012...ds-review.html

Okay - I'll shut up now and nose around.
    Thanks for letting me in!
    Cliff Yankovich
    79 XS11 Bobber

Pictures! Pictures!

Welcome aboard. You'll love this place.
    1995 KZ100P
    Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
    Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

Welcome!

This place makes owning a great bike an even greater experience. You'll see.

Of course, we want to see pics of your new baby, but you know that already.

One thing that I bet we would all like to hear from you is how the riding experience on your xs11 compares with beemers and your KLR. Power? Handling? Comfort? On the one hand, we know that late '70's technology on an xs11 can't compete, say, with your 2011 R1150. But on the other hand, we love to hear how it's in the same ballpark, and may do better in certain areas. You write well (I read your anti-beemer rant), so let us hear your thoughts.

Welcome aboard,

Jon
      Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
      mods to come

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Post pictures when ya get a chance. You have to use photobucket and post the [IMG] Code into the thread...
        '79 XS11 F
        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Howdy from Saginaw Michigan! I agree pix please
          1980 XS1100G ( ATK Fork Brace, Progressive fork springs, XJ1100 shocks, Offset Handle Bar Risers, Yamaha Fairing , Vetter luggage set )

SOLD - KZ650 ( '77 Engine, '78 frame, 80's ignition, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Pods )

Comment

Michigan is a great state to ride in!
            1979 XS1100F
            2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Working...
            X