Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who remembers the june 30th concert at the Pontiac Siver dome? This was a close concert to what it was down in Pontiac.
    Led Zep!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNhD...D02FeJkDewhTEw
    My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

I wasn't there

But thanks!
    -- Scott
    _____

2004 ST1300A: No name... yet
    1982 XJ1100J: "Baby" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1980 XS1100G: "Columbo" SS Brakes, '850 FD, ACCT
    1979 XS1100SF: "Bush" W.I.P.
    1979 XS1100F: parts
    2018 Heritage Softail Classic 117 FLHCS SE: "Nanuk" It's DEAD, it's not just resting. It is an EX cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by mstic2000 View Post
      Who remembers the june 30th concert at the Pontiac Siver dome? This was a close concert to what it was down in Pontiac.
      Led Zep!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNhD...D02FeJkDewhTEw
      I have a sticker on the back of my helmet that was given to me by my great friend jwhughes3 that says, very truthfully I might add, " If you remember the 60's and 70's, you weren't there".

Hell, I don't remember.
      Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I wasnt born for another year and a half.
        Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
        Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
        Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
        Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
        Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
        K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
        81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Originally posted by Tat2demon View Post
          I wasnt born for another year and a half.
          Ha ha ha ha...........you may have been a product of it.
          Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

I was at the Pontiac Silver Dome and saw The Who in 1975, which I believe was the first concert there.
            Richard

Comment

I was in Montana in 75. Saw the original Lynyrd Skynyrd in concert, just months before the fatal plane crash. Free Bird was at the top of the charts.

They refused to play it because we were too rowdy. I remember that.
              Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Never saw either band in concert, my first was Boston - Third stage tour.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                  Never saw either band in concert, my first was Boston - Third stage tour.
                  What band(s)? Boston?
                  Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

The only Who concert I recall was the Cincinnati Disaster of 1979. I still recall the news footage of that, news footage was real time and much more graphic in those days.
                    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                    93 GSX600F
                    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                    81 XS1100 Special
                    81 CB750 C
                    80 CB750 C
                    78 XS750

Comment

Guess I didn't see your WHOLE post Don. Disregard.

OH! You already did.
                      Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

I'm no expert, I was two at that time, but that concert looks like the old Tigers stadium...
                        Nick

1979 XS11 F,Yamaha fairings w/hard bags, TC's fuse box, K&N air filter

1982 Virago 750 (it's alive!)

1979 XS 11 F, Windjammer IV, Samsonite luggage cases(another rescue)

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
                          The only Who concert I recall was the Cincinnati Disaster of 1979. I still recall the news footage of that, news footage was real time and much more graphic in those days.
                          I've heard of some other disasters in Ohio since then. One in 2012.
                          Greg

― Albert Einstein

The list changes.

Comment

Greg, ? ? now that was funny, but I thought who was on first?
                            Youngsters

Comment

Looks like the area we bleacher creatures sat out in left field for sure.
                              Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X