Warbirds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warbirds

Anyone headed Seattle way this summer should check out Paul Allen's meticulously restored warbirds: www.flyingheritage.com

They fly these old beasts several times a year, up next is the P51 and Spit. The shows are free and admission to the collection is 12 dollars. These people are really great, and the collection is staffed by fine volunteers who are knowledgable and fun to chat with. It's such a fantastic priviledge to get to see these aircraft fly.

Given the connection between motorcycles and vintage piston fighters I figured some XSers might be interested. Come to the next Hellcat flight and you'll likely meet my grandfather who flew them, along with a number of other fine aircraft from '43-'45.
    1990 Ninja ZX-10. It's the Silver Surfer. HI-YA!!

2006 Yamaha XT-225. Yep, I take it on the interstate. It's Blue Butt.

1982 Toyota 4x4. 22R Cammed, 38/38, 2" pipe, 20R head with OS valves, performance grind and other fun stuff. It's Blue RASPberry.

1969 Ford F-250 Camper Special resto project. 390 RV cam, Demon carb, Sanderson headers, 2 and a quarter pipes with Magnaflow mufflers. It's Blue Jay.

Thank you for the interesting information. I have a place in my heart for the WWII warbirds, especially the P-51D. When I lived in California, I used to go to the airshow in Chino. In 1988 there were five P-51's parked in a row. I stood in front of the middle one. Then they cranked them up to fly. Overwhelmed by noise, I had tears running down my face. What beautiful expirence!! One I will never forget.
    Ole Jack
    J.D."Jack" Smith
    1980G&S "Halfbreed"
    1978E straight job
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Warbirds

Must admit I have always been interested in the WW2 planes.
      My boat is named Griffon.
      Bonus points if you can figure out why.
      Okay another clue, full name is Griffon 101, but I just use Griffon.
      Read the book about the history and making the Spitfire.
      The rudder I made for my 22 1/2 foot sailboat has an elliptical shape like the Spitfire wing.
      Sailing and planes have a lot in common with respect to foils.
      Unkle Crusty

Comment

Working...
      X