Hey Everyone!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Everyone!!!

Hi all in the XS community. I just bought a 1981 XS1100. It hasn't been running in a few years and I'm looking forward to getting it on the road. Just thought I'd say "Hi" to everyone and looking forward to getting to know everyone here. Eddie
    81 XS11

Welcome

Welcome to the madness. I'm just down the road from you in Oliver. You will have to get to know Andreas in Osoyoos for all your parts needs. Cheers.
    1980 XS 1100 Special
    Mostly stock & original
    Added Yamaha fairing (w/ 8-track!)
    Torpedo bags
    New paint (still) pending
    Stainless brake lines
    Tkat forkbrace
    Coils from Honda 1000

Previous bikes:
    1968(?) 350 Harley Davidson
    1977 Yamaha 650

Comment

Hi

Welcome !
      You will keep us posted as to you progress !
      When your all set up to go for a ride just stay close to home for a few and be easy on that throttle. When running right they can turn into a monster with just a twist.

Don };-)
      76 XS650 C ROADSTER
      80 XS650 G Special II
      https://ibb.co/album/icbGgF
      80 XS 1100 SG
      81 XS 1100LH/SH DARKHORSE
      https://tinyurl.com/k6nzvtw
      AKA; Don'e, UD, Unca Don'e

Comment

Welcome!

Is it my imagination, or is there a disproportionate number of members up north? You guys must be a hardy bunch.
        "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

Originally posted by XJkid View Post
          Is it my imagination, or is there a disproportionate number of members up north? You guys must be a hardy bunch.
          ..........and want the hardiest old muscle bike ever built to go along with that.
          81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by eddietheeagle52 View Post
            Hi all in the XS community. I just bought a 1981 XS1100. It hasn't been running in a few years and I'm looking forward to getting it on the road. Just thought I'd say "Hi" to everyone and looking forward to getting to know everyone here. Eddie
            Hi Eddie,
            Do you have a Special or a Venturer ?
            Pictures please we love pictures
            Phil
            1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
            1983 XJ 650 Maxim
            2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

Welcome. Plan to document the adventure here.

John
              John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
              '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
              Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Originally posted by XJkid View Post
                There are at least 25 XS11's in a 25 mile radius of me that I am aware of. I see them every where. I have stopped more than a few on the road and talked with them. I know of pristine 81MNS's here that would rival the top selling (so far) ebay bikes that are close to me.
                What bugs the hell out of me is why these guys will not join the forum! I ask if they have been to our site and almost to the last man they say "YES", but as lurkers. I then try to point out the benefits of why they should become members and they invariably tell me they will.
                I have supplied parts, pieces and knowledge to these guys, mostly for free, or at a very low price. They come here to get their carbs set or ask me to help clean them. They ask how I know this stuff and I always point them here.
                Some of them have become friends to me and we email back and forth. Those invariably are members of the site now.
                I do not know why we have a over supply of these bikes in this area but I end up with more or less complete bikes for 150 to 300 bucks for parts or I will fix em up. I think our season is so short that the bikes are low mileage as well as not rusting that badly so they are in good shape longer.
                Hopefully some of the lurkers will show up at Ponoka's vintage show and introduce themselves.
                2-79 XS1100 SF
                2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
                X