Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOOO EMBARASSING!!! Tipped bike over TWICE in 24 HRS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IanDMacDonald View Post
    Ughh. First time was last night forgetting to take the disc brake lock off, second time was early this morning rilling it backwards down my girlfriends driveway not wanting to wake her family or neighbors. Both times it was a slow and controlled drop, all the weight of the bike on the right mirror and nothing else. I feel like an idiot. It's funny the shock u get when u instant try to pick it back up and realize a quick jerk will not magically pick the bike back up. Fortunately I'm not a wimp and gor the bike up with five seconds of falling and no.harm was done. Lesson learned.
    If you have not dropped one of these yet ...well your turn is coming! Glad you were only hurt on your itty bitties and nothing else.
    2-79 XS1100 SF
    2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
    80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
    Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Jack, if you are 71 and still able to pick one of these up then you are surely a REAL MAN!lol I was working in the garage and my front tire always leaked off over night. Well, I walked past my bike and heard it hit the floor. The crash bar and I guess sissy bar held it off the ground so nothing got hurt on the bike. I don't know the proper technique to getting them up but it wasn't real bad but I am a big guy and lift all the time at work. I just hope when I am 60 I could still lift it.
      Jeff
      77 XS750 2D completely stock
      79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Working...
      X