New Job Finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Job Finally

Well after 2 months of being unemployed due to relocation I have finally nailed down a job. I work for a company in Michigan that makes tanks, fenders, panels, covers, etc...for Polaris. Our current line is a '14 Indian model. Putting out about 500 fenders and 200 tanks a week!

I believe they still do custom work but there website blows.

http://www.envisionengineering.us/
    72 Cb900 C
    72 Cb350 Track Bike
    86 Rebel 450
    79 XS11 Standard

gainful employment is great. two more days and i'm done my first stretch of trade school, then back to work finally.
    K. Johnson
    -1978 XS750SF - brought back from the dead with carb
    triple clean and boots
    -1982 XJ1100J - brought back from the dead by
    replacing motor after throwing #4 rod
    -1985 XJ750XN - shim job, oil change, ride. not bad for
    $500 including new rear tire.

Comment

Way to go guys! It's rewarding mentally as well as monetarily to have employment. I am SO glad that the economy is crawling out of the gutter, slowly, but climbing just the same.
      Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Honestly Its been pretty humbling. I have 10 years of marketing and design experience and right now I am making less than I did right out of high school But its a great company with a long way to move up. Michigan economy is still pretty slow, never thought with 3 college degrees I would end up here but still very grateful and the work is actually kind of fun. Plus its motorcycles
        72 Cb900 C
        72 Cb350 Track Bike
        86 Rebel 450
        79 XS11 Standard

Comment

Congrats.

I didn't know Polaris made Indians.
          Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
          Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
          Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
          Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
          Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
          K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
          81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Polaris bought Indian in 2011. They own Victory also. They are suppose to release the new Indian in August. i think at Sturgis.
            80 SG XS1100
            14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

Originally posted by joep7 View Post
              Honestly Its been pretty humbling. I have 10 years of marketing and design experience and right now I am making less than I did right out of high school But its a great company with a long way to move up. Michigan economy is still pretty slow, never thought with 3 college degrees I would end up here but still very grateful and the work is actually kind of fun. Plus its motorcycles
              Don't let it humble you. I graduated from University with 2 Majors in Psych and History on my way to Law School. I ended up teaching troubled youth and inner city school for 32 years instead, for 1/3 the pay I could have made. But the diff was I MADE A DIFFERENCE, and I LOVED my job. It isn't what you do, it's whether you like it I figure. I have friends that are millionaires, and they are not CLOSE to being as happy as I am on my small teachers pension! Family, friends and self-satisfaction, that's what it's all about!
              Bone stock 1980 Special except for the exhaust and crashbars. Oh yeah, and the scabbard for the Winchester Defender.

Comment

Originally posted by tarzan View Post
                Polaris bought Indian in 2011. They own Victory also. They are suppose to release the new Indian in August. i think at Sturgis.
                Where the heck is Henderson?? Weren't they coming back as well?? I want an inline 4 !! that is parallel to the frame! My grandfather had a Henderson with an inline 4 and one big carb on it. Wished I owned it!

Comment

Originally posted by Courtney View Post
                  Don't let it humble you. I graduated from University with 2 Majors in Psych and History on my way to Law School. I ended up teaching troubled youth and inner city school for 32 years instead, for 1/3 the pay I could have made. But the diff was I MADE A DIFFERENCE, and I LOVED my job. It isn't what you do, it's whether you like it I figure. I have friends that are millionaires, and they are not CLOSE to being as happy as I am on my small teachers pension! Family, friends and self-satisfaction, that's what it's all about!
                  Definitely not ashamed and I told my fiancé that if I left my job to move into her house that I would find something I enjoyed even if the pay sucked for a while. I'm really excited about the future.

Yes Polaris bought Indian and is releasing the model we are working on at sturgis I have heard. Tank is pretty sweet.
                  72 Cb900 C
                  72 Cb350 Track Bike
                  86 Rebel 450
                  79 XS11 Standard

Comment

That's some cool stuff on the sheet metal forming. Are the tank halves stamped in a single operation, or successive dies? It seems like hydroforming is all the rage these days, so I was a bit surprised that process isn't being used. I can see how hydroforming would introduce some unnecessary challenges, though.
                    '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
                    '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

I am not sure how much I can say about the process Would hate to lose my job over something stupid. But it is a cool process.
                      72 Cb900 C
                      72 Cb350 Track Bike
                      86 Rebel 450
                      79 XS11 Standard

Comment

Congrats on the job man!

Did you move from outside MI? I moved here in November (just sout of GR), and love it. West michigan is a super place.
                        Healthy is merely the slowest rate at which you can die

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba….Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yep, I definitely understand that. Congrats and enjoy!
                          '81 XS11H Venturer - holed up in storage while life happened since 07/08/04
                          '81 Kawasaki KE175 enduro - 63 mph of smokey fun, now with collector plates!

Comment

Working...
                          X