midnight found in salvage yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• midnight found in salvage yard

found a midnight in a yard in Lufkin Tx today. still had the carbs on it... no airbox, or seat... but didnt get to look real close as there was a 6" fence between us... I might have to try to get off one day during the week to go see what else they have stashed in there
    Shawn
    78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
    78 XS1100E Parts
    www.hotrod1972.com

Hey Shawn,

Watch out, once you've had a SPECIAL, a Standard just won't satisfy ya!!!! And I see you've already had a little taste of one with your SWMBO's machine!! At least you weren't out at midnight at the salvage yard, mighta had a close encounter with a BIG DOG!
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Originally posted by TopCatGr58
      Hey Shawn,

Watch out, once you've had a SPECIAL, a Standard just won't satisfy ya!!!! And I see you've already had a little taste of one with your SWMBO's machine!! At least you weren't out at midnight at the salvage yard, mighta had a close encounter with a BIG DOG!
      I don't know about that. I don't think there is anything special about the Special. I've had 2, I sold one and standardized the other one.

Geezer
      Hi my name is Tony and I'm a bikeoholic.

The old gray biker ain't what he used to be.

Comment

The yard is 120 miles from my house... so i dont have to worry about getting too tempted..lol i like my standard anyways....
        If there is nothing wrong with the motor or frame... i bet it could be road worthy again...last time my Dad stopped by and talked to them.. they had alot of xs650's also
        Shawn
        78 XS1100E "Black Rat"
        78 XS1100E Parts
        www.hotrod1972.com

Comment

Working...
        X