Happy B-Day and all, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy B-Day and all, but....

I find it very ironic that a major player in switching from the old yahoo groups email to this forum is the same person that is "reminding" everyone still subscribed to the list that it is his B-Day.

I liked the email format...and I still want the benefits by being subscribed to the old xs email group. However, when I get an email from the xs11 group I get all excited thinking "ITS BACK!" That is, until I realize it is a birthday notification for the same guy who shut it down. Jeez...a little egotistical eh?

Most definately have an xsive happy birthday and more to come with happy days on the xs......

Comment

Hey there Kirk,

The birthday notice is an automated feature that draws data from the calender. It was/is a matter of courtesy not ego, fostering feelings of good wishes and brotherhood to all members in providing a way of remembering/reminding others of what for some is an important day to many of us!

After rereading your post, I realize that you are talking about the YAHOO Old XS List, and apparently there is an automated email that is sent out by that one as well. I'm still signed on as a member of that List, however I don't have the EMAIL feature active since there aren't any active messages being posted. Simple enough to change your member settings! BTW, I tried to access the photos section and it was NOT THERE!?!?

Another email version on Yahoo is still available from the AllXS11s group, not as many there as here, but that's another option that is still viable.

Happy B'day!
      Last edited by TopCatGr58; 04-04-2004, 06:30 PM.
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

TC
        Just turned off the email feature. Thanks for the reminder.

Just stating the irony in the email is all

Comment

Working...
        X