Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Bike build,opions?

78 E Very Customized

Well done!! Looks like very good work. Did you paint the alternator cover, or is that a stick on thing? I did not see the bolt holes that hold the field coil in place.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

Comment

Very nice job. Interesting seat. Hope you left enough padding!

John
      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Nice,very nice.You have given your bike character and done it in a classy way.You customized your bike your bike to your taste and it looks great. I hope you enjoy it for a long time. Terry
        1980 special (Phyllis)
        1196 10.5 to 1 kit,megacycle cams,shaved head,dynojet carb kit,ported intake and exhaust,mac 4 into 1 exhaust,drilled rotors,ss brake lines,pods,mikes xs green coils,iridium plugs,led lights,throttle lock,progressive shocks,oil cooler,ajustable cam gears,HD valve springs,Vmax tensioner mod

Comment

Very impressive! Many many hours in the man cave Great workmanship!

Deny
          1978 XS1100E - The TimeMachine
          1980 XS850 Special - Little Mo

Comment

Beautiful! Great job!
            82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
            Website/Blog

Comment

Very nice indeed. I'd really like to hear about the details.
              1995 KZ100P
              Pods, jets, pipes, cam adjuster, oil cooler

1977 Ironhead - custom build
              Hot engine, custom frame, KZ front and rear, high torque starter, alternator conversion, Progressive shocks, Thunderheart wiring, Dyna ignition, oil cooler, Dakota Digital instruments, etc.

Sold all my XS's to Eastcoaster but still love to keep up with you guys. This is the best cycle forum on the web.

Comment

Unbelievable! Looks great! I love the pipes! Do you enjoy the handlebars?
                1979 XS1100F
                2H9 Mod, Truck-Lite LED Headlight, TECHNA-FIT S/S Brake Lines, Rear Air Shocks, TKAT Fork Brace, Dyna DC-I Coils, TC Fuse Block, Barnett HD Clutch Springs, Superbike Handlebars, V-Star 650 ACCT, NGK Irridium Plugs, OEM Exhaust. CNC-Cut 2nd Gear Dogs; Ported/Milled Head; Modded Airbox: 8x8 Wix Panel Filter; #137.5 Main Jet, Viper Yellow Paint, Michelin Pilot Activ F/R, Interstate AGM Battery, 14MM MC, Maier Fairing, Cree LED Fog Lights.

Comment

Jesus man that thing is gorgeous. Who did your right side engraving?
                  Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
                  Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
                  Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
                  Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
                  Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
                  K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
                  81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Thanks for your opinions!

To those who responded to give me there opinions on my build, I thank you for your kind and generous opinions.I appreciate it a lot. F.Y.I.a little info on my ride.
                    I bought it as a deserted and dropped 78E model with the original vedder fairing and red paint.It had only 14,000 original miles. The odometer just turned 18,000.
                    The frame and engine internals are stock and original. I added the K&N filters and ceramic coated 4 into 1 exhaust.Accel coils with Aurora 8.5mm wires fire the plugs. Brakes are updated with 07 Yamaha front and rear master cylinder and Earl's steel braided brake hoses.Side covers are Suzuki as is the surprisingly comfortable and supportive modified 82 gs1100 seat and tail pan. Front fender is GS650 .Handlebars are Honda and grips and pegs are Harley.I wanted to de-badge the bike to keep people guessing so both side covers are covered with custom made laser engraved aluminum plates which are self adhesive.Bike lights up like a Christmas tree with the 30 or so LED's I have hidden thru out. As with any build its never finished, so I'll post new pictures shortly of additional mods.
                    78 E Very Customized

Comment

That is a very nice bike. How did you do the rear swingarm? Is it paint or powdercoat? How did you get the gs1100 seat to fit, did it use the same 2 bolts or did you modify it. I have the big touring seat and want a sportier seat for when I don't ride my wife. Also, what kind of rear rack is that? Did you just cut off the top part of the backrest or did it come like that?
                      Jeff
                      77 XS750 2D completely stock
                      79 SF XS1100 "Picky" stock with harley mufflers

Comment

Nice bike man.
                        '79 XS11 F
                        Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
                        Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
                        GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                          I bought it as a deserted and dropped 78E model with the original vedder fairing and red paint.It had only 14,000 original miles. The odometer just turned 18,000.
                          The frame and engine internals are stock and original. I added the K&N filters and ceramic coated 4 into 1 exhaust.Accel coils with Aurora 8.5mm wires fire the plugs. Brakes are updated with 07 Yamaha front and rear master cylinder and Earl's steel braided brake hoses.Side covers are Suzuki as is the surprisingly comfortable and supportive modified 82 gs1100 seat and tail pan. Front fender is GS650 .Handlebars are Honda and grips and pegs are Harley.I wanted to de-badge the bike to keep people guessing so both side covers are covered with custom made laser engraved aluminum plates which are self adhesive.Bike lights up like a Christmas tree with the 30 or so LED's I have hidden thru out. As with any build its never finished, so I'll post new pictures shortly of additional mods.
                          Hi XSSIVE,
                          very nice indeed. The solo seat looks to be a fair bit lower than a stock seat, some list members with Duck's Disease will perhaps be interested in the details.
                          Dunno about de-badging. Don't see the point. At least you didn't find a Yamaha/MV Augusta equivalent to filling in the Kawasaki on the timing cover and engraving BSA's piled rifles logo in it's place.
                          The brakes will work better yet if you upgrade to later model XS11 slotted rotors or drill the hell out of the ones you have.
                          And adding a TKAT fork brace (takes all of 5 minutes once you find your Allen keys) will be the best $100 you ever spent.
                          Gotta after dark photo with all the LEDs lit up?
                          Last edited by fredintoon; 06-30-2013, 12:42 PM.
                          Fred Hill, S'toon
                          XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                          "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Originally posted by jjz28 View Post
                            That is a very nice bike. How did you do the rear swingarm? Is it paint or powder-coat? How did you get the gs1100 seat to fit, did it use the same 2 bolts or did you modify it. I have the big touring seat and want a sportier seat for when I don't ride my wife. Also, what kind of rear rack is that? Did you just cut off the top part of the backrest or did it come like that?
                            F.Y.I. The rear swingarm,and the engine casing were painted with Plasticote SILVER paint and many coats of clear. Looks better then aluminum or cast paints. The seat I modified by cutting down the front lip to better form to the gas tank. The stock front tongue hook was modified to fit the frame. I used the stock seat holddown clamps and then cut and re welded the clamp holds on the frame to line up. The stock Suzuki base with new isolators I fashioned from some strip rubber sits perfect on the frame. The rear rack and backrest are unmodified and were on the bike when I purchased it.
                            78 E Very Customized

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE View Post
                              To those who responded to give me there opinions on my build, I thank you for your kind and generous opinions.I appreciate it a lot. F.Y.I.a little info on my ride.
                              Wowzee! Now, that is XStremely XSive! Nice job!
                              My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X