biggest bore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biggest bore

I've heard somewhere 1340 big bore kit any truth behind the rumor? If so sign me up.
    1982 XJ 1100
    going strong after 60,000 miles

The new and not yet improved TRIXY
    now in the stable. 1982 xj11, 18,000miles

1340 cc

I think that you would have to use a stroked crank to achieve 1340 CC's That would certainly drive the price up. Trick rods and/or pistons with the pin closer to the crown.
    A crank with the crank pins ground off center by an 1/8" and then metal sprayed back to original size would definitely be a weakened crank and you would have to limit your peak RPM. The reduced RPM would be necessary because of the longer stroke and a weakened crank. Anything is possible but at what cost. If you want to go faster it would be a lot cheaper to buy a modern bike. Likely cheaper to buy a 3-4 year old Bandit than boost an XS1100 up to 1340.
    Ken/Sooke
    78E Ratbyk
    82 FT500 "lilRat'

Comment

Hey there Mike,

I'm running the 1179cc big bore kit, and it's got plenty of power, and I know they also have the 1196cc kit for our bikes as well, that's only 144 less than the 1340cc. Like Ken said, if you want/need that much punch/power, better off with another bike!
      Like a V-Max, yeah, that's the ticket!!!!!
      T. C. Gresham
      81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
      79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
      History shows again and again,
      How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

thanks

Thanks i was just wonderin. I do like the sound of 1179 though. I ALREADY HAVE A NEWER BIKE. 1990 GSXR 750 IT WILL GO 150MPH. bUT ITS NOT MY XJ (i LOVE MY XJ). rODE MY FIRST WHEELIE ON IT THE OTHER DAY BOUT 30 YRDS,YES ON MY XJ1100.Keep up the good work guys this site is awsome.Except for me putting up pics,but i'll get it soon or die tryin.
        1982 XJ 1100

Comment

Well, Mike,

Don't expect your XJ to do 150, even with the big bore!! The gearing, frame and suspension, and redline limit us to about 135 or so!! Congrats on the wheelie, but yes, "WE" know that these shaft drive behemoths will wheelie, sometimes when we don't want them to!!

I posted a reply to your photos dilema(sp?), hope it helps!
          T.C.
          T. C. Gresham
          81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
          79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
          History shows again and again,
          How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

There was a 1340cc engine on german ebay, the link is somewhere in the forum.
            Lighter crank, FJ1200 cyl. block w. 1340 kit, chain drive conversion, sportier cams, lighter conrods, twin spark head, etc...
            Seller claimed 142 HP.
            All it was missing was a turbo and nitro....

LP
            If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
            (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

somewhere I read that FJ1200 jugs would fit on an XS case, and then could be bored 1340. I have not been able to pick up a set of FJ1200 jugs to verify the rumor.
              DZ
              Vyger, 'F'
              "The Special", 'SF'
              '08 FJR1300

Comment

It sounds like you want to get hemi performance from a flat head. Lets just accept the limits of our bikes, well maybe a little big bore kit now and then, and enjoy them for what they are. The granddaddy of todays super bikes. There some some things my grandfather could do that I can't, and vice versa.

Comment

all true

Theres NO SUBSTITUTE for cubic inches period. That said your absolutly right. And i do enjoy what i have even stock bar none,the best bike ive ever owned. But i am a growing chap that still feels the need for speed
                  1982 XJ 1100

Comment

Then there are people like myself that just can't leave anything stock. It is like climbing a mountain, just because it's there.
                    DZ
                    Vyger, 'F'
                    "The Special", 'SF'
                    '08 FJR1300

Comment

Re: all true

Originally posted by chevy45412001
                      Theres NO SUBSTITUTE for cubic inches period. That said your absolutly right. And i do enjoy what i have even stock bar none,the best bike ive ever owned. But i am a growing chap that still feels the need for speed
                      There IS a substitute for cubic inches... we call it CUBIC CENTIMETERS, but you need more of them.... but thats in yurp, and we're weird...

LP
                      If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
                      (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

weird

AAAAhhh,finally a place to call home.....lol
                        1982 XJ 1100

Comment

Working...
                        X