Under 15K - no time for it anymore :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under 15K - no time for it anymore :(

Hey guys, - I just do not have time to ride my bike anymore. Working on MBA (20+ hours a week), working 50 hours a week at my desk job, and am trying to be a good dad to my new son. I just listed my bike in the classified section and will take any reasonable offer.

FYI: I had it running great at the end of last season and got it started last week. Just took the carbs off to get cleaned, and decided I don't even have the time to do it. I have 4 new cone air filters for it and just put on a cafe fairing.

Pictures @ Picture 1
    & Picture 2

Put some oil in the cylinders and put it away until you complete your MBA.
    Bill Murrin
    Nashville, TN
    1981 XS1100SH "Kick in the Ass"
    1981 XS650SH "Numb in the Ass"
    2005 DL1000 V-Strom "WOW"
    2005 FJR1300 Newest ride
    1993 ST1100 "For Sale $2,700" (Sold)
    2005 Ninja 250 For Sale $2,000 1100 miles

Comment

rephrase

I guess I should rephrase; I do not have time to work on this bike anymore to keep it safe for riding. I still have time to ride back and forth from work. I can use the stress relief!

I am not a mechanic; pulling the carbs yesterday took me almost 2 hours, and rewiring the fuse box last Saturday took me another 2 hours. I need a new bike that needs less elbow grease. I have to pay $150 to get the carbs done because I do not have the time, equipment, or skill to do it. (would have been $250 if I didn’t pull them) I almost bought a new bike last week but I do not have room for 2 bikes in my shed. I want to ride so I am putting more money into it and having someone else work on it for me until I either get a buyer or give it to a friend. Just thought someone out their with more time and a love for the XS11 might want a bike in decent shape with low miles.

Comment

Good advice, Bill

Namreoz, in a couple of years you'll be sorry you sold it and you won't be able to get it back. BTDT.

Randy

Comment

No, I will be sorry if I do not get a newer bike that takes less of my time. My best offer so far is $1K. Going, Going,.....

Comment

OK, I'm going to keep it for a little while longer.
            got the carbs clean and it is road worthy now. Might as well enjoy it until I find a buyer. - Picture from today below. - Namreoz

Comment

She looks sweet. Enjoy

Randy

Comment

Working...
              X