X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Yamaha Bolt looks pretty sweet!

Just saw this:
    http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/...-ar150186.html

Looks pretty cool. 950cc, fuel injected, single seater, bobber style Yamaha msrps for $7k. I don't have the money or room in my garage this year but it seems like it could be a really awesome Sportster alternative.
    -James
    1980 XS1100G ( ATK Fork Brace, Progressive fork springs, XJ1100 shocks, Offset Handle Bar Risers, Yamaha Fairing , Vetter luggage set )

SOLD - KZ650 ( '77 Engine, '78 frame, 80's ignition, MAC 4-2 exhaust, Pods )

Nice, has that bobber look, plus retains suspension.
    81 XS1100H

Comment

Not a bad looking bike. My co-worker has been looking to get into more of a cruiser and has been eying the Bolt R-Spec.
      '79 XS11 F
      Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
      Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
      GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

Just to save some effort:
        Marty (in Mississippi)
        XS1100SG
        XS650SK
        XS650SH
        XS650G
        XS6502F
        XS650E

Comment

Wheels look much lighter. Both spokes and rotor. Simple lines. Nice.

Wish it was a V-4 instead.

THEN I might be saving up.

John
          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Shake pile twin..........
            Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
              Shake pile twin..........
              +1 on that opinion
              2-79 XS1100 SF
              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

I do like the look of it. Except those frilly looking rotors, look like lace or something.
                Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                93 GSX600F
                80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                81 XS1100 Special
                81 CB750 C
                80 CB750 C
                78 XS750

Comment

What is a "shake pile twin".lol
                  Does that mean you think all twins shake and vibrate like a Harley?If so, you really should do a little research.
                  80 SG XS1100
                  14 Victory Cross Country

Comment

To each his own...............
                    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

V-4 would cure that and still look like a v-twin.

Some manufacturer will make one someday that strives to be another xs1100. V4 or inline 4. Smooth and powerful and not overly heavy. (I think 475 lbs would be good)

Wait - yamaha has the xjr1300. They just wont import it for us.

Guess I will stick with the XS11.

John
                      John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                      '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                      Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

I could look at this pic all day.
                        She's dragging the foot peg.!

"drool...."
                        Hi, my name is George & I'm a twisty addict!

80G (Green paint(PO idea))
                        The Green Monster
                        K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, '81 oil cooler, TC's homemade 4-2 w/Mac Mufflers, Raptor 660 ACCT
                        Got him in '04.
                        bald tire & borrowing parts

80SG (Black w/red emblems & calipers)
                        Scarlet
                        K&N A/F, TC's fuse block, WJ5, Shoei bags, Raptor 660 ACCT.
                        Got her in '11
                        Ready for the twisties!

81H (previously CPMaynard's)
                        Hugo
                        Full Venturer, Indigo Blue with B/W painted tank.
                        Cold weather ride

Comment

How sexist to show a woman who's about to fall over...
                          "Time is the greatest teacher; unfortunately, it kills all of its students."

Comment

Originally posted by tarzan View Post
                            What is a "shake pile twin".lol
                            Does that mean you think all twins shake and vibrate like a Harley?If so, you really should do a little research.
                            Nope but I am tired of all the harley look a likes. I think Yamaha could do better than copying a popular bike. Yammy does not have a gold wing style bike yet they sell like hotcakes and are a grand bike from what I have been told. They do not offer us bikes that Europe gets like the XJR1300 (which I would buy just cause I could)
                            Time for Yamaha to come up with a new and radical change that sumps the competition as they did with our beloved XS's.
                            2-79 XS1100 SF
                            2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                            80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                            Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Go look for a used Kawasaki ZRX 1100 or 1200... you can mod these bikes with another 20-30 horsepower above stock for not a lot of dough, and a riding position is very comfortable and standard in nature. Just get past the somewhat racer boy paint schemes and you have a sleeper of a bike that will please you for years and years to come.

I love to pine for the bikes we can't get over here however there are a lot to choose from that go unnoticed, like the ZRX. And the owners forum is tops as well.
                              Howard

ZRX1200

BTW, ZRX carbs have the same spacing as the XS11... http://www.xs11.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35462

Comment

Working...
                              X