Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Horror! (New Story)

A new story.

The monster would have gotten us all . . .

See the link. No popups/stuff.

The Horror!
    CUAgain,
    Daniel Meyer
    Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
    Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Excellent story. Been there more than once.
    Jerry Fields
    '82 XJ 'Sojourn'
    '06 Concours
    My Galleries Page.
    My Blog Page.
    "... life is just a honky-tonk show." Cherry Poppin' Daddy Strut

Comment

I'm trying to understand that new tire.... It's so ... ... square!

Wouldn't that be a bear to ride around town? How's low speed cornering on that thing? how about medium and high speed???

Good story though!

-Justin

Comment

Low speed is much better. Full-deflection turns are not a problem.

High speed is extremely stable and smooth.

Mid-range is as good as always. I can drag chrome parts in the corners if I so desire.

The trick is the weight of the Valk . . . the tire flexes to corner (I am not riding on the sidewall).

The guys on the Valk lists running these things are getting 30 and 40 thousand miles out of them.

Figured I would give it a try.

Like it so far!
        CUAgain,
        Daniel Meyer
        Author. Adventurer. Electrician.
        Find out why...It's About the Ride.

Comment

The only thing I'd put a tire like that on, is a drag bike...
          A friend has one of those, just no tire... and brakes. Guess you don't need those.
          Anyway, just don't get yourself killed with that thing on... dunno how insurance company would look at that.
          Nice story tho... been there, done that....
          Must've been 5 or 6 years ago thursday...
          So... I've been working a bit on my MZ... and went for a test ride. Just a short one, it was just starting to rain. So I went to a friends place, bout 4 km of fast twisty road, no cops, as I had no licence, neither did the bike...
          But as I passed the ZOO the bike sputtered and the engine stopped. Good thing the road went downhill to the ZOO parking lot. Good, nobody ran me over, as I pulled beneath a tree. It was raining by then. Gas was there, battery was full, the bike coughed, but wouldn't start. The situation was not helped by a kickstarter only type of machine. Some cursing later, I decided to call the friend I was bout to visit. It was bout 9 am on a saturday, so he should be home. 15 minutes later he answered the phone, all sleepy... well... ok. I told him to bring me something to pull the spark plug, a cloth and some tools to the ZOO parking lot. OK, no problem. I sat under a tree, cursed some more, tried to push start some more, no luck. Half an hour later, the friend was still at home.... WTF... and he says: I thaught it was april fools..
          DOH!
          It was the 1st of april, but I didn't fell like joking. So he came bout 5 minutes later, without anything useful. Had to push the bike 1 km home, uphill mostly, cursed some more and decided to wait till the next day to smash the bike to pieces. I was just too tired.

LP
          If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
          (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

Working...
          X