Main Oil Seal.. It's done :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Oil Seal.. It's done :)

Hey you guys, new and old, I'm back and so is the mongrel...

Life has taking quite a toll recently, but this weekend was the bug that finally got me back out to the garage,,

Since Deuce, I've only managed about 200 miles on the Mongrel, and then it has been parked for about 18 months or more ... between life and the pickup coils..
    As luck would have it i was frusturated but also glad that I
    thought ahead and ran the carbs out of fuel before parking it..
    pulled them and checked the bowls, dry and clean.. woo hoo... planning on some seafoam in that tank though as i get back on board.

I got them done today.. (Glad rusty didn't mind a temporary donation.. )

I was also able to pull that seal behind them and replace it.. I did have to trim off the lip on the back edge of the seal, but it went in like a champ.. and no leaks now!

No splittin cases and all that.. I'm putting her back together, adding in my fuel filters and new fuel lines, need some cone filters now.. (finally tired of that air box.. )

And I gotta find a seat... the po's seat is just not gonna do it, its not an xs pan, and i dont think i can retro it to that other pan i have, the hi back one is pretty sad, even worse than you guys at deuce saw..

Well sorry for rambling, but well its nice to be back

PS anyone know where i can find a backing plate for the pickup coils that spins properly.. (don't ask please, im embarrrased enough)...

By this coming weekend ill be balancing again on 2, and out in the wind so to spea
    jeff "Wags"
    Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
    79sf rusty
    79 partsbike almost complete

oil seal

hey there, was reading your post, about the oil seal,, are u talking about the left side seal? you replaced w/out splitting case? If so how did you go about this, mine is leaking a bit, and i know about the lip on the seal, so if you could give me some info that would be great.. thanks.

Robert

Comment

Working...
    X