Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eyes watering

OK, here's the story.
    I recently took my windjammer off and being one who needs to wear glasses I'm having a problem with watering eyes when riding on the highway. I'm not one to wear a full face helmet, I tried to find flip down sunglasses with side vents But have been unable to as of yet.
    Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

P.S.The windjammer I took off is probally going up for sale: however, I cut 2 wires from the wiring harness to make ground wires, I'm sure they can be spliced, if interested, let me know.

Mike

windshield

I crashed my SG about 6 weeks ago and broke the lunchtray windshield it came with, a Slipstreamer Spitfire that I thought was stupid. Well, without it the wind is brutal, I can't see doing serious miles. I'm going to replace it with the cheapie from JCWhitney, it makes a huge difference, like about 80% what you get with the full fairing.

I have a half helmet with flipdown face bubble, but without that windshield the flapping and bobble is bad, and turning my head to check the lane beside me about rips my head off.

They catch a lot of bugs, too.
    David Browne
    XS11SG Crunchbird
    XS500E

Comment

I've found that with daily riding, my eyes get used to it after a few days, start watering again after a break for several days, or temperature changes. Also, w/o windshield, I don't think its comfortable over 50mph max, my eyes can't take higher than that. And the BUGS!! I have a full face, but havent been wearing it much lately I plan to buy a windshield from DK for longer faster rides. And just keep the speed down on the shorter ones.
      80sg "Reaper"

Comment

Re: eyes watering

Originally posted by chicago1010
        OK, here's the story.
        I recently took my windjammer off and being one who needs to wear glasses I'm having a problem with watering eyes when riding on the highway. I'm not one to wear a full face helmet, I tried to find flip down sunglasses with side vents But have been unable to as of yet.
        Any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated.

Mike
        Hey there Mike,
        The increased tearing is due to the reflex from excessive drying of the eye due to the increased wind turbulence around your glasses, and just adding side shields won't help. They make "goggle" styled glasses that you can have made into sunglasses, or you can just wear the goggles that would insulate your eyes from the wind, and then wear sunglasses over them as desired. Otherwise you will probably need to get a helmet with a wind visor/face screen that would cut down on the amount of wind against/around your eyes.

T.C. "Certified Ophthalmic Technician"
        T. C. Gresham
        81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
        79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
        History shows again and again,
        How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

Working...
        X