Snow here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow here

Snowing here, the first time any really acumulation of snow this season. I hate snow and when I think about the times I had to shovel the stuff, I want to go to my garage and fondle my snowblower!!!!
    Ole Jack
    J.D."Jack" Smith
    1980G&S "Halfbreed"
    1978E straight job
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Yep, pretty good pile of the stuff so far. The office cleared out at noon, except for a few stragglers like me. I thought ahead and didn't ride today - first time in a LONG time.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

Good for you bug, there are limits, and riding when your life maybe in danger is not good for you and not good for your family. Speaking of family, since the snow started, my wife has done nothing except stand there quietly, staring thru the kitchen window, if it gets any worse, I will have to let her in.
      Ole Jack
      J.D."Jack" Smith
      1980G&S "Halfbreed"
      1978E straight job
      "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by xs11jack View Post
        - - - since the snow started, my wife has done nothing except stand there quietly, staring thru the kitchen window, if it gets any worse, I will have to let her in.
        Ole Jack
        Hi Jack,
        be sure and wipe her paws when you do or she'll track up the rug.
        and I'll take any bet you can name that the lady never checks this list
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

I want in on that bet Fred. Were getting your snow Saturday night,so they say.Just what we need,and talking another storm around next Wed.
          FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
          1999 Vulcan classic-sold
          1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

im usually a big fan of snow, but today is the day my buddy sent me his ducati for the summer or longer and we are suppose up to get 3 inches of snow tonight. i guess it will give me time to clean her up for my maiden voyage around the block.
            1982 xj 1100
            "The Ape"
            http://youtu.be/AiQ8CqclHr4

Comment

Nothing but Ice here. I'd rather it be snow. I can get traction in snow, Ice....forge-abou-it.
              Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
              80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
              93 GSX600F
              80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
              81 XS1100 Special
              81 CB750 C
              80 CB750 C
              78 XS750

Comment

Snow here this evening....I just hope it does not turn into the freezing rain they are predicting. Freezing rain has no redeeming features in my book.
                Not good for Man or Beast as my dear old Dad would say. As it breaks trees not good for the vegetation either.
                Pizza in the oven..Yum Yum Cardboardy goodness and Beer in the fridge to make it all better
                Yup I've started drinking
                Phil
                1981 XS1100 H Venturer ( Addie)
                1983 XJ 650 Maxim
                2004 Kawasaki Concours. ( Black Bear)

Comment

I gave up and just picked up a sweet old 89 Mach 1 Ski doo 583cc.
                  replacing the track and a few boggies and should have it back running by Wed. Let it snow.
                  81 H

Comment

Bettin a damper was put on any riding after it snowed in Tuscon, Ariz. area night before last. Son sent me phone video......big flakes comin' down on an already couple inches of the white fluff.
                    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      Bettin a damper was put on any riding after it snowed in Tuscon, Ariz. area night before last. Son sent me phone video......big flakes comin' down on an already couple inches of the white fluff.
                      The snow will be melted by the end of the day, and the desert around there will smell and look beautiful for the next few weeks.
                      You should get some of that west of you, I'd guess. Rabbit Valley?
                      CZ

Comment

Working...
                      X