One of a kind bike! (Photo's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of a kind bike! (Photo's)

Bet yew ain't never seen wunna these thangs before! I was parked on West Cliff Drive, in The Peoples Republic of Santa Cruz one day, when a bike passed with a very distinctive exhaust note. I cranked up and followed the old boy to where he pulled out. This is a hand built diesel powered bike! He said it had only about 25 H.P., but had umpteen gazillion Ft. Lbs. of torque.The top speed is about 70 M.P.H., but he said he could charge up a long, steep grade, and not slow down a bit. It's a joy the hear: Thump-a-thump-pa- Thump-a-thump-a!

Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Ed, He had that at the show in Capitola last year. Cool bike, based on a BMW I think...
    Ray Matteis
    KE6NHG
    XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
    XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Looks heavy.
      "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

I bet he gets great mpg. Where is the fuel tank?
        FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
        1999 Vulcan classic-sold
        1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

I thought it might be based on a marine engine. Am probably wrong! I like the idea of Iron butt type diesel bike. You could cruise as long as you could stay concious.
          Ole 'semi concious' Jack
          J.D."Jack" Smith
          1980G&S "Halfbreed"
          1978E straight job
          "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
            I bet he gets great mpg. Where is the fuel tank?
            Tank is up front, left side, custom aluminum box, opposite air filter.
            1980 XS1100G "Dolly G" Full Dresser (with a coat of many colors )
            1979 XS1100SF (stock-euro mods planned)
            1984 XV700L Virago (to be hot-modded)
            1983 XJ750MK Midnight Maxim (semi-restored DD)
            1977 XS650D ( patiently awaiting resto)

Sometimes it takes a whole tank of gas before you can think straight.

Comment

Working...
            X