San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco

OK all of you west coast members. I am staying in Concord Ca for a couple days..looking for the must try eating places in the San Fran area. I have been to Dead fish, And MCComicks at the dock. I am not big on sea food, I know waste of good air in this area.

Anyway, appreciate recommendations.
    Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
    80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
    93 GSX600F
    80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
    81 XS1100 Special
    81 CB750 C
    80 CB750 C
    78 XS750

food

Hi Dgxser, I hope some members up that way call in, but the members I know up there are an hour or so away. Anyway, my daughter lives in San Fran and the wharf area is for tourists, ......overpriced and overrated,,,so if you venture away from there, the Haight Asbury area or towards the Stadium there is better prices and quality. If you love Mexican, come on down to San DIego, tons of good places to eat and ride. Ask the locals in San Fran and they can help out to............good luck,,,,,,,,Mike in San DIego
    mike
    1982 xj1100 maxim
    1981 venture bagger
    1999 Kawi Nomad 1500 greenie
    1959 wife

Comment

Thanks Mike! We are rapping up this project, but I hope to get more in the Cali area. Be nice to get out and meet some of the Left Coast XS group sometime.

Previously owned
      93 GSX600F
      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
      81 XS1100 Special
      81 CB750 C
      80 CB750 C
      78 XS750

Comment

i'll actually be in san fran at the end of the month.
        1979 xs special, just finished the top end rebuild and then i still have lots of work.
        progress thus far...
        http://s1268.photobucket.com/albums/...t=IMAG0202.jpg

"If it runs bad, it's usually the carbs. If the tires go flat, I suspect the carbs. If the wind blows the bike over, the carbs were probably to blame. If my wife yells at me about something, I tell her to talk to the carbs" -Incubus

Comment

I know I'm late, but that happens.... Try looking up check please bay area. most of the places they go to are good. As I live 70 miles south, I'm partial to my area. Santa Cruz to Monterey has some good places as well.
          Good luck, and I hope you have found a reasonable place. I will try and let you know the next time I'm out your way. My cousin lives out that way, so I may be out again.
          Ray Matteis
          KE6NHG
          XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
          XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Thanks for the info Ray! I was just out to San Francisco for a couple days, might go back in a few weeks depending on a couple things.

IF your talking about getting out to the midwest, Cincinnati area, definitely give me a shout. I would recommend waiting a few months though. Your winter is our spring.

Previously owned
            93 GSX600F
            80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
            81 XS1100 Special
            81 CB750 C
            80 CB750 C
            78 XS750

Comment

Unless I can find a field service job again, it may be one or three years before I make it back out. I want the time to see my cousin in Cleveland, and hit some of the places I missed on my last ride out, back in 2006.....
              Ray Matteis
              KE6NHG
              XS1100 E '78 (winter project)
              XS1100 SF Bob Jones worked on it!

Comment

Working...
              X