Orlando Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando Trip

Hi everyone, I'm have a family vacation to the Orlando area coming up, just wondering if anyone has any advice as far as a good place for motorcycle rentals and where I could take a nice relaxing ride for a few hours that doesn't take me too far from the Orlando area.

thanks!
    1979 XS1100SF 37000km
    Green Dyna Coils
    Stainless Brake Lines

1973 CB100
    kevXS

Originally posted by kevxs View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm have a family vacation to the Orlando area coming up, just wondering if anyone has any advice as far as a good place for motorcycle rentals and where I could take a nice relaxing ride for a few hours that doesn't take me too far from the Orlando area.

thanks!
    During Spring Break the Orlando area = Mucho Trafico. People all lost looking around for the the road / place they just missed.

Likely you are in Kissimmee / Lake Buena Vista area? I'd maybe take a look at #1: going over the Titusville then out to Merit Island / Canaveral National Seashore up to Oak Hill. About 85 miles one way but a chance a good ride. #2 going over to St Cloud, down FL523 Canoe Creek Rd then US441 to Yeehaw Junction, then over to maybe Vero Beach. About 105 miles one way. That is about the best to avoid big traffic and possible major gridlock.

I'd stay away from going north = too crowded and too busy, too many towns. US27, US98 have some sections where you can roll along but then you get into a lot of signals and stop & go traffic. A 90 mile ride plus lunch and some photo stops would make a good day ride unless you are planning to rent a bike for a couple days. Ormond Beach / Flagler Beach to St Augustine is a nice ride but that is a bit too far for a day ride depending on your rental terms. Just my initial thoughts anyways.

Jeff
    Last edited by JeffH; 01-16-2013, 04:42 PM.
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E
    78' XS1100 E

'73 Norton 850 Commando
    '99 Triumph Sprint ST
    '02 G-Wing GL1800

Comment

If you head 60 miles NW of Orlando, you can ride around all day in the Ocala National Forest, nice open roads, good scenery and minimal traffic.
      2H7 (79)
      3H3

"If it ain't broke, modify it"

Comment

Working...
      X