Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long to leave stuff up on the swap page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long to leave stuff up on the swap page?

I have a few items for sale on the 'for sale' forum page. How long shoudl I leave the items there before marking it "Gone" and posting it on Ebay? I do not want to have it on ebay and listed here at the same time, that seems rude to the members here. 1 week? 2 weeks?
    what about if someone posts a 'wanted' and I reply. How long do I hold it, waiting for their reply before listing it on Ebay? Yes, this seems like petty, silly questions, but I don't want to offend the folks here if its easily avoided.

I think swap page posts expire and disappear after a month, but that doesn't mean you can't mark them 'off to eBay' sooner if you want....
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable... Pick any two

'78E original owner - resto project
    '78E ???? owner - Modder project FJ forks, 4-piston calipers F/R, 160/80-16 rear tire
    '82 XJ rebuild project
    '80SG restified, red SOLD
    '79F parts...
    '81H more parts...

Other current bikes:
    '93 XL1200 Anniversary Sportster 85RWHP
    '86 XL883/1200 Chopper
    '82 XL1000 w/1450cc Buell, Baker 6-speed, in-progress project
    Cage: '13 Mustang GT/CS with a few 'custom' touches
    Yep, can't leave nuthin' alone...

Comment

They are no longer available when you post that they are not available.

Post are never "gone", someone can always find it. So when you say it is gone then it is gone.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatic View Post
        I have a few items for sale on the 'for sale' forum page. How long shoudl I leave the items there before marking it "Gone" and posting it on Ebay? I do not want to have it on ebay and listed here at the same time, that seems rude to the members here. 1 week? 2 weeks?
        what about if someone posts a 'wanted' and I reply. How long do I hold it, waiting for their reply before listing it on Ebay? Yes, this seems like petty, silly questions, but I don't want to offend the folks here if its easily avoided.
        Hi Lee,
        you could always put a "goes on e-bay on such-a-date" caveat in the ad.
        I'd say that if the enquirer don't get back to you for a week after you gave him a price, he ain't interested.
        Fred Hill, S'toon
        XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
        "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Working...
        X