Cycle sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle sound?

I was looking on E-bay for a cycle sound system for my Vetter 4,and I found several,but there seem to be several various designs.My question is will all of them fit the vetter 4? I have a vetter sound,but it's been cut out to big for my new sound system my wife got me for Christmas. My wife bought me a new Kenwood KMR350U marine stereo with Polk DB 401 marine speakers. Also the vetter is cracked where you slide in the stereo.The guy on e-bay has several in great shape,I think he buys them and refurbishes them.Will a cycle sound that was on a smaller bike work the same on any bike? Thanks!
    FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
    1999 Vulcan classic-sold
    1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Originally posted by Cuda 69 View Post
    I was looking on E-bay for a cycle sound system for my Vetter 4,and I found several,but there seem to be several various designs.My question is will all of them fit the vetter 4? I have a vetter sound,but it's been cut out to big for my new sound system my wife got me for Christmas. My wife bought me a new Kenwood KMR350U marine stereo with Polk DB 401 marine speakers. Also the vetter is cracked where you slide in the stereo.The guy on e-bay has several in great shape,I think he buys them and refurbishes them.Will a cycle sound that was on a smaller bike work the same on any bike? Thanks!
    There is only ONE variation of the Cycle Sound from the standard one normally used. Its lower wider profile is easily recognizable if your familar with the look of the standard housing used in the Vetter and Vetter style fairings. Bike size has nothing to do with the stereo housing size. Neither does the full fairings, as they were used on ALL sizes of bikes. Some of the housings had the place for the 'rubber ducky' antenna, and some were remote(laminar). My replacement housing had no location for antenna, so same results were gotten by soldering a #12 automotive electrical wire to the center of antenna plug-in and coiling the two feet of wire under stereo inside housing laying coils side by side, not on top of each other. An ole radio tech. showed me that trick, and reception in some cases is better than the use of an antenna, and definitely better than the rubber ducky style antenna. Hope that helps, and a happy NewYear!
    81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Working...
    X