Post your Christmas list here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoman View Post
    Think you may fare better requesting a 'still new crated' XS11..........
    One can dream!!

Who knows? Maybe Greg's on the 'nice' list this year.
    '82 XJ1100J Maxim (has been sold.)

'79 F "Time Machine"... oh yeah, Baby.... (Sold back to Maximan)

2011 Kaw Concours 14 ABS

In the warden's words from Cool Hand Luke;
    "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Comment

Originally posted by XJOK2PLAY View Post
      One can dream!!

Who knows? Maybe Greg's on the 'nice' list this year.
      ........now that would be a stretch.........
      81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        ........now that would be a stretch.........
        LOL......let's keep facts out of this. It doesn't work anywhere else.
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Yard Dogg View Post
          PVC pipe and $20 worth of plastic can solve that. If you can get it air tight and scavange something to insulate it with then it will stay warm enough to work in, maybe even warm enough to paint. Or just find a large tent and double it up with plastic. I'm a union laborer and have to build welding tents from time to time. They work enough to keep the pipe fitters happy, should be good enough for you, LOL.
          That would work for a few hours. We have strong winds here almost every day. (I live near the mouth of a canyon) By morning it would be three or four houses down the street. On the bright side I would get to know my neighbors well.
          Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
          80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
          82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
          82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
          82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
          72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
          72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
            Do tell Yard Dogg as I have a canopy style garage in my yard that would love to be heated at least enough to pull a part every now and then. It is only about 3 feet from my heated garage but it is ever so cold in there. By the way what union do you belong to? I am a Teamster myself.
            If it's the size of a garage that would be hard to heat, but if it's 8X8 and sealed well, that wouldn't be so bad. You would have to insulate that. Laborers Local 348.

It gets windy here too, it has to be cross braced with rope from corner to corner and staked down well. Anyway...
            Last edited by Yard Dogg; 12-22-2012, 01:06 AM.
            "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Comment

Peace on earth
              Good will toward men

but I got a music box instead

Merry Christmas

PS I empathise with you. Last year I asked for a 3/8" ratchet with swivel head...gave them the broken one I had as example. What a hoorah...Not possible... ... I went to the hardware store & bought it myself.
              It is a great big beautiful world out there
              Brent in GA
              Yamaha 80XS1100SG, HD Firefighter Special Edition 02 Road King, Honda 450 rat, 08 Buell 1125R tour modified, 83 goldwing parts bike gone-traded for XJ1100, 2014 HD electraglide police

Comment

My good old ma brought me a box with simple green, engine paint, wire brushes, and shop towels. She heard my plea. Everyone else in my family says, jeeze, you're hard to shop for, I didn't know what to get you. Really?
                "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Comment

Didn't ask for anything (I didn't really want anything)
                  Got new paint for my bike and a GREAT new food processor... Kids and I gave John second row tickets and a chance to meet his favorite band. His reaction was the BEST present I could have asked for... even though what I received was VERY cool!

Excellent Christmas!
                  81 SH Something Special
                  81 frame, 80 tank and side covers, 79 tail light and carbs, 78 engine, 750 final drive mod, Geezer rec/reg, 140 mains, LH wheels

79 SF MEAUQABEAUXS
                  81SH Nor'eas tah (Old Red)
                  80 LG Black Magic
                  78 E Standard Practice

James 3:17

If I can make at least one person smile, or pee their pants a little, or maybe spit out their drink; then my day is not wasted.

“Alis Volat Propriis”

Yamaha XS 1100 Classic
                  For those on FB

Comment

Originally posted by Yard Dogg View Post
                    My family keeps calling asking me what I want for Christmas. - - - They said to me, "I'm not going to buy that. You're not supposed to buy that kind of stuff for Christmas." - - -
                    Hi Dogg,
                    what should work is a gift certificate from a bike shop.
                    FYI, my wife wanted to know what I wanted for Christmas and I told her "a new back tire"
                    And that's what was under the tree.
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Gift certificates are like a bachelors dream come true. I was in the Harley shop looking for a gift for my dad. I had a long sleeve button up shirt in my hand with a vintage Harley on it, then I looked at the price tag. $75 . So I went to the counter and got him a gift certificate instead.

On another note. I'm going to buy myself a Christmas present today. I found a 1979 XS750 Triple on craigslist with no title for $150. It is in terrible shape but it's all there. Parts bike for my triple which does have a title, and I can make the rest up o E-Bay selling parts. SCORE!!

Comment

Working...
                      X