Post your Christmas list here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your Christmas list here

My family keeps calling asking me what I want for Christmas. I keep telling them I don't need anything but they are going to press anyway so I gave them a list.

Black Engine Enamel
    Nylon Scrub Pads
    New Torque Wrench
    7/8" Clubman cafe handlebars
    1 square foot of 1/4" black leather to make grips out of
    18" X 24" sheet of 18 gauge steel
    New Digital Calipers
    1 role of .035 flux core welding wire
    a gallon of simple green
    blue shop towels
    various stainless steel or brass scrub brushes
    a 100 pound bag of medium course sand
    orange dremel stones
    1 quart of black urethane base coat paint
    1 quart of urethane gloss clear coat

They said to me, "I'm not going to buy that. You're not supposed to buy that kind of stuff for Christmas." I said why? This is what I need the most, anything else will be in the way cause I have too much "stuff" laying around as it is. HAHA! Christmas shopping is annoying. So this is a thread to post to your fellow XS riders the things that you can't tell your family you want. I'm curious to hear what's on your Christmas list.
    "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

1)An AMERICAN president

2) More money
    Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

just a few things for the project is all i want. this is just a sample, but you all get the idea...

new headlight
      new gauge cluster
      tricksy ignition lock
      K. Johnson
      -1978 XS750SF - brought back from the dead with carb
      triple clean and boots
      -1982 XJ1100J - brought back from the dead by
      replacing motor after throwing #4 rod
      -1985 XJ750XN - shim job, oil change, ride. not bad for
      $500 including new rear tire.

Comment

Originally posted by BA80 View Post
        1)An AMERICAN president

2) More money
        Think you may fare better requesting a 'still new crated' XS11..........
        81H Venturer1100 "The Bentley" (on steroids) 97 Yamaha YZ250(age reducer) 92 Honda ST1100 "Twisty"(touring rocket) Age is relative to the number of seconds counted 'airing' out an 85ft. table-top.

Comment

1 restored... turnkey ready 1979 XS1100...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

If you don't have to work on it, how are you to have a love hate relationship?

That gauge cluster is sweeet!
            "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Comment

All I want for Christmas is

an E

(Filler letters)
              Hill? What hill? I didn't see any hill! Why wasn't there a sign? And where are my keys?

80sg
              mods to come

Comment

Yard Dogg wrote "If you don't have to work on it, how are you to have a love hate relationship?"

I just ride and have a "love love relationship"
                Seamus Ó hUrmholtaigh
                Niimi Moozhwaagan

NOTICE: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message. We do concede, however, that a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Member of "FOXS-11" (Former Owner of XS-11)
                and SOXS
                2008 Nomad "Deja Buick'

Comment

A running motorcycle
                  Hydra'82 XJ1100 Frankenbike with a '79 engine

~dubbed "Hydra" by a friend, because "once one problem is fixed, another rears its ugly head!"

Comment

A heated shop so that I can work in comfort during the winter. Since that is not going to happen CA$H so that I can buy the parts I need.
                    Ty

78 XS1100E - Now in Minnesota
                    80 XS1100LG - The Punisher
                    82 XJ1100 - Current project - The Twins
                    82 XJ1100 - Wife's Bike - The Twins
                    82 XJ1100 - Daughter's Bike
                    72 Suzuki TS125 - Daughter's Bike
                    72 Yamaha Mini JT2 - Youngest Daughter's bike (She wants a bigger one now)

Comment

an 81 xs11 venture in mint condition,very low miles,owned by a little ole lady who only drove it to church on Sundays.I've been a good boy this year Santa.Good luck with your wish list Greg.
                      FOXS-XS11SG

2009 Suzuki V Strom 650,Adventure in Touring,I call her "Smooth" SW Motech engine guard,Coocase top case w/ LED brake and tail lights,20" MRA touring screen w/adjusable bracket,Grip heaters,fender ex-tender,Givi hard sidebags

1980 XS11SG-sold
                      1999 Vulcan classic-sold
                      1982 XJ 650-sold

Old is only a state of mind......John

Comment

I want more member to post, join the fun of the back and forth we have here and, of course, the information exchanged.
                        Ole Jack
                        J.D."Jack" Smith
                        1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                        1978E straight job
                        "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by tcoop View Post
                          A heated shop so that I can work in comfort during the winter. Since that is not going to happen CA$H so that I can buy the parts I need.
                          PVC pipe and $20 worth of plastic can solve that. If you can get it air tight and scavange something to insulate it with then it will stay warm enough to work in, maybe even warm enough to paint. Or just find a large tent and double it up with plastic. I'm a union laborer and have to build welding tents from time to time. They work enough to keep the pipe fitters happy, should be good enough for you, LOL.

Comment

The 2nd gear fix. It's ok now but I can tell I'll need it.
                            81 H

Comment

Do tell Yard Dogg as I have a canopy style garage in my yard that would love to be heated at least enough to pull a part every now and then. It is only about 3 feet from my heated garage but it is ever so cold in there. By the way what union do you belong to? I am a Teamster myself.
                              2-79 XS1100 SF
                              2-78 XS1100 E Best bike Ever
                              80 XS 1100 SG Big bore kit but not fully running yet.
                              Couple of more parts bikes of which 2 more will live!

Comment

Working...
                              X