Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Couple of divers pulled this up from lake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of divers pulled this up from lake!

Went down to check how rough the lake was last night and this was sitting at the boat launch.....I think it went down about 6 months ago in the fog, pilot was killed.

For the rest of the pictures:
    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291613317
    Gary Granger
    Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Ouch?
    If it doesn't have an engine, it's not a sport, it's only a game.
    (stole that one from I-dont-know-who)

Comment

I guess it was more than a year ago.....but I think this press release is for that plane crash.

Plane Crashes In Lake Ontario; Pilot Believed To Have Died
      Submitted By the Oswego County Sheriff's Department

At 7:42 am on June 16, 2001, the Oswego County Sheriff's Department was notified by the U.S. Coast Guard of a report that a single engine plane had crashed in Lake Ontario approximately 4 miles off Nine Mile Point.

The Sheriff's Department Marine Unit, the Oswego County Underwater Recovery Team, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Canadian Coast Guard, New York State Police Aviation and New Haven Fire Department responded to the scene.

The initial report indicated that a single engine Cessna 182 airplane was flying low over the lake and its wingtip hit the water, causing the plane to crash.

The pilot is suspected to be Gregory Parrs, 18 years old, of 270 Edgemoor Road, Rochester.

Investigation indicates that Mr. Parrs left Maxson Airfield [Alexandria Bay] around 5:00 am (Saturday) morning and was enroute to Rochester when the (crash) happened.

The Federal Aviation Administration has been notified of the incident and will be working with the Sheriff's Department on the investigation.

The initial response was an air search of the area to locate the plane and water search conducted by the emergency agencies on scene.

The plane is believed to be in approximately 125 feet of water.

A secondary search using side scan sonar was conducted with no immediate result.

The investigation into the crash is continuing.
      Gary Granger
      Remember, we are the caretakers of mechanical art.
      2013 Suzuki DR650SE, 2009 Kawasaki Concours 1400, 2003 Aprilia RSV Mille Tuono

Comment

Working...
      X