No announcement yet.

Ontario Insurance Take2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a new rider & am hoping to put my 81xs1100 on the road this year, my main stumbling block might be insurance. My record isn't the greatest (2accidents 4yrs ago) & finding somebody up here in Sudbury who even insures motorcylces is fun. So far it looks like I'll be paying $900 plpd a year if I can afford it on top of my SUV insurance, which I still need the use of. Oh it's only that low because I took the course.

Comment

For Ontario riders, here's a link with an easy-to-use form enabling riders to petition the Ontario government regarding high motorcycle insurance rates.
      http://www.mmic.ca/insurance.asp
      Dennis

Comment

Sorry to bump this thread back up but I my renewal arrieved from the broker yesterday.

I read the policy very close and called the broker to double check the price. Somehow the new computer system Kingsway is using worked in my favor, the moved Oshawa (where I live) into it's own area so I no longer pay the Toronto rates.

Some how my insurance went from $1500 to $319 for the year. The broker couldn't understand why everyone else was up $600 or more and mine is down but it was checked by the insurance company and everything is mailed off.

www.motorcycleinsurance.ca is my broker so if anyone wants to try they beat the pants off that primum online link anyway.
        1979 XS1100 - "Blue Belle"

Comment

bIKE iNSURANCE

Hey T1ny Tryed your Link Only good for Ont. My rate is $186.00 with Primmum and i live in N.B. Go Figger. bkr

Comment

Tiny,
            I tried http://www.motorcycleinsurance.ca/, but they won't insure bikes over 25 years old. So anything older than 1979, we're SOL.
            Dennis

Comment

dntemp: Well hopefully they will renew my policy next year...

Strange how nothing seems to match anyone else... it's gotta be a giant scam going on with brokers.

Comment

That sounds great for you ..... So now you have to book your room in Picton!!!!

And meet the gang!

Tom
                2004 FJR1300abs 311,000 kilometers and counting
                gone,but not forgotten 1978 XS11E

Comment

$400 a year for liability and comp/collision for the mongrel

in Seattle, thats not too bad.. over 200 less than any other quote i got..
                  jeff "Wags"
                  Bothell, Wa

79sf mongrel
                  79sf rusty
                  79 partsbike almost complete

Comment

I'm coming to picton saturday after work, I'm hoping I can scam a room from my friends sister who lives in town. Have to be back in town for work on Sunday afternoon though. <sigh> You'd think since I own the company I could take time off wouldn't you?

Comment

Tiny, I went with primmum again this year, for 740$
                      Almost thought about tucking the beast into a corner aswell.

Who do you have your car with, btw?
                      1979 xs1100sf
                      1972 cb500 four

Comment

My car is with Pilot. I called around and couldn't get a better price. <sigh>

Comment

Working...
                        X