Old Radio & TV vacuum tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Radio & TV vacuum tubes

Does anyone here know anything about old radio, TV tube market. I scrounged about 18 or 20 last week and would like to know how to price them and where to sell them. Some are octal, some 7 pin, and some 9 pin.
    Thanks for reading.
    Ole Jack
    J.D."Jack" Smith
    1980G&S "Halfbreed"
    1978E straight job
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Craigslist or ebay is likely the easiest option but otherwise you can join forum like www.audiokarma.org and try selling them... good luck.
    Last edited by WMarshy; 11-14-2012, 06:59 AM.
    '79 XS11 F
    Stock except K&N

'79 XS11 SF
    Stock, no title.

'84 Chevy K-10 "Big Blue"
    GM 350, Muncie SM465, NP208, GM 10 Bolt with 3.42gears turnin 31x10.5 Baja Claws

"What they do have is an implacable, unrelenting presence and movement that bespeaks massive power lurking behind paint and chrome. They don't wail like a screeching ninja, the don't rumble like a harley. They just growl like a spactic, stressed out badger waiting to rip your face off and eat your soul." Trainzz~RIP~

Comment

http://www.vacuumtube.com/webuy.htm

You can email them with your list and get a offer. Should give you a ball Park idea what you have and their worth. good luck.
      81 H

Comment

The other thing is, if any of them are burnt out, people doing Steampunk(dressing up in victorian clothes and adding steam technology/vacuum plugs) is kind of a rage right now, so ebay would be a good place to try and sell them.
        Hydra'82 XJ1100 Frankenbike with a '79 engine

~dubbed "Hydra" by a friend, because "once one problem is fixed, another rears its ugly head!"

Comment

Depending on what tubes they are, and if they are functional, they could bring a pretty good price.
          I'd love to have an old school tube amp. Hard to beat the sound you get from some of those.
          Current Stable:
          1978 XS1100E - Beauty - Vetter Full Dress
          1979 XS1100F - The Beast - Winter Project to Factory Full Dress
          1979 XS1100SF - Black Sunshine - The Lucky Find
          1978 XS1100E - Little Orphan Annie - Sold to a friend, slowly becoming a 1196 monster.
          WTB:
          1981 XS1100H Venturer - Long distance cruiser.
          1989 FJ1200 - For playing in the curves!

Comment

I remember my dad sitting for HOURS behind the old console TV with a big box of those tubes and a handheld mirror so he could hold it out and see the screen. He'd (What seemed to me) randomly pull out and plug in those things in. He's probably got that big box of them stashed somewhere.
            Try your hardest to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

You can live to be 100, as long as you give up everything that would make you want to live to be 100!

Current bikes:
            '06 Suzuki DR650
            *'82 XJ1100 with the 1179 kit. "Mad Maxim"
            '82 XJ1100 Completely stock fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Bagger fixer-upper
            '82 XJ1100 Motor/frame and lots of boxes of parts
            '82 XJ1100 Parts bike
            '81 XS1100 Special
            '81 YZ250
            '80 XS850 Special
            '80 XR100
            *Crashed/Totalled, still own

Comment

I went to ebay and found a guy that will buy used tubes if I send them to him for testing and then he sends me a offer. I am a bit leary with him having the tubes in his possession and me paying the freight to and from him. I thing that when you figure the cost of the freight back, you will be a little more inclined to take a slightly lower offer. But i will probably give it a try. I thank you one and all for your info.
              Ole Lite Me up Jack
              J.D."Jack" Smith
              1980G&S "Halfbreed"
              1978E straight job
              "We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts, not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Life is like a coin, you can choose to spend it any way you wish, but you can only spend it once. Make your choices wisely.

Comment

Before you send them away, google up electronics clubs or ham radio clubs in your area. Some of those guys are using equipment from the 40's, and will know of someone who needs the tubes.
                Or electronic museums. They would know of a market.
                You might just make some beneficial connections that you would miss by sending them away.
                CZ

Comment

Hi Captain, I think you have a good idea there. And I am going to put them on craigslist so I that I may have a chance to sell locally and not send them away.
                  Ole Jack
                  J.D."Jack" Smith
                  1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                  1978E straight job

Comment

Originally posted by xs11jack View Post
                    Hi Captain, I think you have a good idea there. And I am going to put them on craigslist so I that I may have a chance to sell locally and not send them away.
                    Ole Jack
                    One nice thing about Craig's list is that you can start out at some ridiculous price, and adjust it from there, judging by the response, or lack thereof.
                    May take a while, but eventually you will find out what the market will bear.
                    Or if anyone is in the market.
                    Good luck, CZ

Comment

Go to a Pro

You might want to give UncleSpot a yell. He works on the old tube amplifiers of the rock and rollers.

You could pro'ly shake him awake in the middle of the night and get the answer before he woke up.
                      RIP Whiskers (Shop Boss) 25+yrs

"It doesn't hurt until you find out no one is looking"

Everything on hold...

Comment

Latexeses, where is this fellow? Is he a member? Or what? I am having a time checking the tube numbers one at a time for price information! Any help with them would be wildly appreciated.
                        Ole Jack
                        J.D."Jack" Smith
                        1980G&S "Halfbreed"
                        1978E straight job

Comment

Working...
                        X