Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had to "put down" our dog today.

RIP Candy Dog-
    Had to put our dog down today. She had been a member of the family for 17 years. She didn’t fetch, or do tricks: actually, her only claim to fame was that she was sweet. We called her “Candy,” because she was as sweet as could be. She would have been a perfect dog to take to convalescent homes for people to pet and fuss over. It's tough. It brings up a lot of “end of life issues” that you “30 something” people don't need to address yet. But I ramble. Rest in peace Candy: I hope my exit is as peaceful as yours.
    Special Ed
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Sorry to see that Ed, dogs are members of the family and love unconditionaly. I've been in your shoes and it's never easy but when you think about all the good times and memories it helps a little.
    A lady friend left this hanging sign on my door and it says,
    "A house is not a home without a dog" I have to agree.
    In time when you feel better I hope you consider adopting another one at your local shelter.
    81 H

Comment

So sorry to hear that Ed! I may be young, but I have been through a lot of pets. My mom is the director of the local animal shelter and we often got the pets no one else wanted and sometimes they didn't last long.
      Nathan
      KD9ARL

μολὼν λαβέ

1978 XS1100E
      K&N Filter
      #45 pilot Jet, #137.5 Main Jet
      OEM Exhaust
      ATK Fork Brace
      LED Dash lights
      Ammeter, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and Volt Meters

Green Monster Coils
      SS Brake Lines
      Vision 550 Auto Tensioner

In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Sorry to hear it Ed. Not to long ago we "inherited" my in-laws little Shihtzu they had her for 15 years when we got her. They moved into an apartment where they were not allowed animals. We had her a good three to four years before she got cancered and passed. As much as I did not want that dog because we already had two much larger dogs at home, she grew on me. I feel for you my friend.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

I feel for you Ed.

Glad it was a peaceful end surrounded by loved ones.

John
          John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
          '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
          Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Family pet

Sorry for your loss Ed. I can't imagine what I would do without my beloved "Bob". He is no doubt my best friend and companion.

78 XS1100E Standard
            Coca Cola Red
            Hooker Headers

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00580.jpg

1979 XS1100 Special
            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC00612.jpg

1980 XS Standard
            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...m/DSC01137.jpg

2006 Roadstar Warrior
            http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/p...um/warrior.jpg

Comment

Back in my younger days, I had a '66 Triumph hardtail chopper. My riding companion was a small mutt named Misty. She would ride with her back legs on the seat and front legs on the tank, loving every minute of it!
              My favorite bumper sticker:"I'm trying to be the person my dog thinks I am"
              "Galaxy" 1982 XJ1100J, 1983 XV handlebars, new fusebox, homemade SS wind screen and SS muffler heat shields, homemade grab bar extension and luggage rack. XS750 140 mph speedo, '81 Venture oil cooler, V-Max ACCT, Yahman YICS Eliminator, 1st and 2nd gear Dremel fix.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.

Harvey loves to ride in a mesh backpack. When we get the backpack out, he can't get in it quick enough and tries to sit on top of it if we don't unzip it quick enough.

82J · 81SH · 79SF Fire Damage · 78E · 79F Parts Bike · 04 Buell Blast
                Website/Blog

Comment

I have been there . Lost the best 2 yrs ago when he was 15. I grieved only to compare to when my father pasted 13 yrs ago.

Found this on youtube . Perhaps it helps. Did for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H17edn_RZoY
                  ]
                  79SF
                  XJ11
                  78E

Comment

Working...
                  X