Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.C.E device

In Case of Emergency...
    As I mentioned to you all at the XSive riders rally...its very important that you let 1st responders know pertinent information about yourself in the event(God forbid) you go down and cannot communicate to them...This information should include any health issues you have and OFC contact info for next of kin. There are a variety of items out there for very little money that one can affix to their jackets...helmets or even dog tags...I will add posts here as i find more types of these "devices". Heres one from RoadID...I have a dog tag from them and also a capsule type with a info sheet inside it affixed to my zipper pull.
    http://www.roadid.com/p/the-FIXX-ID
    if you navigate thru this site you will see a variety of designs and configurations...I cant stress this too much of how important this is.
    Last edited by madmax-im; 10-01-2012, 08:20 AM.
    1980 XS650G Special-Two
    1993 Honda ST1100

One thing to mention as well - If your cell phone is not locked (requires a PIN or other code to make a call), you should have a contact listed in it called "ICE". This should be whomever you what to hear about a crash first.

Also, NEVER list your contacts as "Husband/Wife", "Brother/Sister", etc. If someone finds your phone, knowing a contact's relation to you can make it easy for them to use that info to scam you/them.
    Last edited by CatatonicBug; 10-01-2012, 10:01 AM.
    1980 XS850SG - Sold
    1981 XS1100LH Midnight Special (Sold) - purchased 9/29/08
    Fully Vetterized and Dynojet Kit added, Heated Grips, Truck-Lite LED headlight, Accel Coils, Irridium plugs, TKAT Fork Brace, XS850LH Final Drive & Black SS Brake lines from Chacal.
    Here's my web page devoted to my bike! XS/XJ User's Manuals there, and the XJ1100 Service Manual and both XS1100 Service manuals (free download!).

Whether you think you can, or you think you cannot - You're right.
    -H. Ford

Comment

phones for ICE are not a great idea IMO especially if the phone gets damaged in a wreck... then its worthless...but something affixed to you its just about foolproof...
      1980 XS650G Special-Two
      1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

We called them Dog tags years ago. A new acronym is born every minute.
        Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
        80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
        93 GSX600F
        80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
        81 XS1100 Special
        81 CB750 C
        80 CB750 C
        78 XS750

Comment

Originally posted by DGXSER View Post
          We called them Dog tags years ago. A new acronym is born every minute.
          Dunno where you've been but this aint new stuff...been around for sometime...
          1980 XS650G Special-Two
          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

Working...
          X