peacocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peacocks

hey there got another question if someone could answer?Do the xs1100 use the same peacocks as the xs750 ? i want to put manual ones from mikes xs store

Halfbreed,

What XS1100 do you have? Mike's late model XS650 petcocks will mount to the XS1100 standard tank.
    Marty (in Mississippi)
    XS1100SG
    XS650SK
    XS650SH
    XS650G
    XS6502F
    XS650E

Comment

I took the peacocks off my bike as soon as I got it. Feathers got in the way...
      Nate

78 XS11 "Matilda" 2H7 000364

2001 Raptor ACCT, T.C. Fuse Box, TC Bros Forward Controls
      Kuryakyn Iso Grips/Throttleboss/Bar End Mirror, Custom Covered Seat
      Shinko 712s, HID Headlight, RC Performance Exhaust
      Bikemaster Daytona Handlebars, Galfer SS Brake Lines
      Barnett HD Clutch Springs, T.C. Spin On Filter Adapter
      K+N Air Filter

88 Voyager XII
      81 XJ650 Maxim

Comment

Yes, I hear they can cause chafing.

We kid because we care Halfbreed....
        Greg

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”

― Albert Einstein

80 SG Ol' Okie;79 engine & carbs w/pods, 45 pilots, 140 mains, Custom Mac 4 into 2 exhaust, ACCT,XS850 final drive,110/90/19 front tire,TKat fork brace, XS750 140 MPH speedometer, Vetter IV fairing, aftermarket hard bags and trunk, LG high back seat, XJ rear shocks.

The list changes.

Comment

peacocks

You are kidding? Gee, you don't look pregnant!
          put something smooooth betwen your legs, XS eleven
          79 F (Blueballs)
          79 SF (Redbutt)
          81 LH (organ donor)
          79 XS 650S (gone to MC heaven)
          76 CB 750 (gone to MC heaven)
          rover has spoken

Comment

Iam sorry for not spell checking and being stupid.If one of the mods could fix my post .i havent been able to to find the edit button. I need to find out if them manual petcocks will work .thanks

Comment

halfbreed,

The XS1100 standard and XS1100 Special have completely different petcocks with different mount bolt spacing. We have to know what bike you have in order to answer your question.
              Marty (in Mississippi)
              XS1100SG
              XS650SK
              XS650SH
              XS650G
              XS6502F
              XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by halfbreed View Post
                Iam sorry for not spell checking and being stupid.If one of the mods could fix my post .i havent been able to to find the edit button. I need to find out if them manual petcocks will work .thanks
                Hey its happened to all of us and it creates simple fun...

Edit button is only there for a few minutes after posting, then its preserved forever! Cant edit now or none of the thread will make sense ( like it makes sense now!)

Can you tell us which bike you have, Specal or Standard? Is tank more curvy or squarish? Standard squarish tank can use the manual petcocks from Mikes.net while Specials are harder to retrofit.

John
                John is in an anonymous city with an Alamo (N29.519227,W-98.678980)

Go ahead, click on the bikes - you know you want to...the electrons are ready.
                '81 XS1100H - "Enterprise"
                Bob Jones Custom Navy bike: Tkat brace, EBC floating rotors & SS lines, ROX pivot risers, Geezer rectifier, new 3H3 engine

"Not all treasure is silver and gold"

Comment

Parts-N-More has adapter plates for both tanks and a universal petcock.

http://www.partsnmore.com/parts/yamaha/xs1100/?filters[category]=carb&filters[fitting]=universal

If you have the old petcocks, you can rebuild them. If you do it right, they will likely last another 30 years. Here are instructions:

Rebuilding the Yamaha Vacuum Fuel Valve w/pics
                  Marty (in Mississippi)
                  XS1100SG
                  XS650SK
                  XS650SH
                  XS650G
                  XS6502F
                  XS650E

Comment

Originally posted by halfbreed View Post
                    Hi Halfbreed,
                    spellchecker is built in but it won't find a wrong word if it's spelled correctly.
                    FYI there's a bad language censor too.
                    It can be bypassed by mis-spelling (K replacing C) or by using asterisks (cl@d).
                    The edit button shows up next to the quote button at the bottom of your post when it's submitted.
                    You have all of 10 minutes to edit your post before the button stops working and fades away.
                    And yeah, Mikes taps will fit a Standard tank.
                    But they ain't cheap and some claim that Mikes rubber parts ain't of the best.
                    Try rebuild kits instead?
                    Fred Hill, S'toon
                    XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                    "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Thanks for all the info about posting for future referance. I got a couple set of the mikes manual petcocks and was going to get rid of the vacum ones .I have used them years on my 750 with out problems. and yes it a standard tank ,not special.

Comment

You need Mike's XS Part #20-0019. It's out of stock until the end of the year, according to the site.
                        Marty (in Mississippi)
                        XS1100SG
                        XS650SK
                        XS650SH
                        XS650G
                        XS6502F
                        XS650E

Comment

Working...
                        X