SOA Soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOA Soon.

Sons of Anarchy starting season 5 on September 11th. I don't know about you guys, but I love that show. Keeps me motivated on riding and working on em. I wonder if they are finally going to whack the Prez. He's a slimy snake and deserves an ill fated death.
    "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Pics: http://s1236.photobucket.com/user/ya...?sort=6&page=1

Well, I know it's just TV fiction, but it seems like they are putting "bikers" in a bad light again, similar to the movies of the 60's that came out then. And although groups like the Hell's Angels and such deserved the characterizations, a majority of "normal" bikers are not hoodlums and such.

I saw a preview commercial about the new season, guy on a bridge racing towards some chick, then swerves to miss her, locks up the rear, lays it down, slides and then vears off the bridge! What a moron biker that can't ride his bike on a clear day with no opposing traffic, just a quick avoidance maneuver.....apparently didn't take the MSF course!

I also never watched the Sopranos because of the glorification of illegal behavior....the mafia and their lifestyle! JMHO...I'm sure it and SOA is entertaining for folks, just not my cup-o-tea.

Now I have to wait until next spring for True Blood to start again!

T.C.
    T. C. Gresham
    81SH "Godzilla" . . .1179cc super-rat.
    79SF "The Teacher" . . .basket case!
    History shows again and again,
    How nature points out the folly of men!

Comment

I like mayhem!
      "The Hooligan" XJ1100, Virago Gauge Pods, Screaming Eagle Mufflers, K&N Filter, hand made rear fender, side covers, and solo seat, round bar conversion, small headlight, tail light, and cat eye turn signals, chip fuses, rewired the right way.

Comment

I saw this on another forum. I thought the show was ok, maybe a little to much drama for grown up men. Also question why they would let cameras in their clubhouse and follow them. Bottom line is he deserves his day in court and not tried in public court of opinion.

LA MESA, Calif. – A star of the Discovery Channel show "The Devi's Ride" was arrested Tuesday and accused of committing sexual acts with his stepdaughter, police said.

Thomas Quinn, who was featured on the motorcycle club show, was in front of Grossmont Hospital Tuesday afternoon when police took him into custody for an alleged lewd act with some under the age of 18, according to La Mesa police Lt. Matt Nicholass.

“We had information from a parent that initially gave us some information,” said Nicholass. “The detective conducted a pretty thorough investigation and ended up arresting him.”

Fox 5 tried to contact other members of the club as well as other bikers in the East County Community and were told “silence” is the code of the club.

Read more: http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/ksw...go-biker-show-
        81 H

Comment

I think we're on 2 different subjects. Sons of Anarchy is fictional.

Comment

LOL, thought it was the same show, my bad.
            81 H

Comment

Originally posted by Yard Dogg View Post
              I think we're on 2 different subjects. Sons of Anarchy is fictional.
              Hi Dogg,
              Sons of Anarchy is a fictional TV series.
              The Devil's Ride is a reality TY series, that is, it's badly written fiction.
              Wait for Peter Fonda to do a cameo.
              Fred Hill, S'toon
              XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
              "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Whoow! Don't be knocking Peter Fonda MAN! Go take a lude or something. I would put Peter Fonda's face on my gas tank. This reality TV show mentioned must suck cause it's reality TV. I've never saw a reality TV show that I did like.

Comment

Originally posted by Yard Dogg View Post
                  Whoow! Don't be knocking Peter Fonda MAN! Go take a lude or something. I would put Peter Fonda's face on my gas tank. This reality TV show mentioned must suck cause it's reality TV. I've never saw a reality TV show that I did like.
                  >
                  Hi Dogg,
                  I ain't knocking the man. Just saying that the last gasp of any failing TV series is to have well known actors doing cameos.
                  And if Peter Fonda was ever in a movie where he didn't portray an outlaw biker I haven't seen it.
                  At least his recent cameo in Wild Hogs had his character save the day rather than being beaten up or shotgunned.
                  Fred Hill, S'toon
                  XS11SG with Spirit of America sidecar
                  "The Flying Pumpkin"

Comment

Now I see. You're right about that. Reminds me of the movie Expendables.The actual movie is horrible but people think it's cool because of whos in it. I don't mind some Arnold 1 liners every now and then. Like in Commando when he stabs that guy to a wall and says "Stick Around". That's good stuff. But when the cast is in the middle of a horrible gun fight saving the world and they still have time for cheesy rhetoric just because they are "cool" or famous, I have a problem with that. They should try a more serious approach with a cast like that.

Comment

Wow, all I can say is that it is obvious that there are many different types of people in the world. And we seem to be at opposite ends of the spectrum. I thoroughly enjoy the Expendables movies, while SOA is nothing more than vulgar trash in my opinion.
                      Life is what happens while your planning everything else!

When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.

81 XS1100 Special - Humpty Dumpty
                      80 XS1100 Special - Project Resurrection

Previously owned
                      93 GSX600F
                      80 XS1100 Special - Ruby
                      81 XS1100 Special
                      81 CB750 C
                      80 CB750 C
                      78 XS750

Comment

I didn't hate the movie. I just think they could've gone a better route with it. Here they have a great cast with all the BA's of the past, and instead of putting some effort into it and making it epic, they used cheesy rhetoric throughout the whole film. As far as SOA, or any TV series for that matter, they are writing acting and filming enough for 7-9 movies of material VS a typical movie that's about 1 1/2 hours long. So some holes in the plot and dumbness is to be expected. Besides, I doubt if they have the budget that the Expendables had.

Comment

I have followed the SOA series and while I dont care for justifiying a sociopathic lifestyle of 1%-ers..I still like watching this show. Considering its on regular tv its pretty bold in showing sex,violence and language...thats what has caught my attention...
                          1980 XS650G Special-Two
                          1993 Honda ST1100

Comment

I'd rather be out riding my XS11, rather than sitting in the house watching some tv show. Son's of Anarchy is about as bad as the CSI shows! And those are about as 'bottom of the barrel' prime time tv as you can get! I agree, a little too much drama for grown men! SWMBO gives me enough of that.
                            Last edited by mstic2000; 09-10-2012, 01:21 AM.
                            My 1978 http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/mstic2000/xs.jpg

Comment

It's only for 13 hours per year. Besides, my XJ doesn't run yet, waiting on parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X