E-e-e-haw! Got another XS11!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomber Paint?

Thanks for the support Garth (and others.) Whatdayamean "bomber paint?" Is that Army Green, or what? Gypsy doing a bosomy red head on the tank is a cool idea. I also thought getting some flame decals to put on the tank would be appropriate: don't think I can afford a real hand done flame job though. Maybe I'll wait until the engine transplant to do the flames and christen it "The Phoenix!"
    Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
    I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Yea Ed with a light underbelly and OD on top
      91 kwaka kz1000p
      Stock

( Insert clever quote here )

Comment

Regarding a "Central Coast Rally..."

"So, time to plan a rally up your way,,,hopefully over thanksgiving or xmas break so us Southern boys can make it up.............time to ride,,,,Mike in Sun Diego " quote soccer4m

Actually, Thanksgiving might not be a bad idea. I should have a running bike by then, and the weather here is "iffy" but frequently very nice about then: cool, but never cold, (relative to , say North Dakota,) and often dry. The weatherman is pretty accurate on the 7 day forecast around here, so it should be possible to get a pretty accurate "go or no" when we get down to the wire. I'll cut and paste this to the Central Coast Rally thread.
        Special Ed
        Old bikers never die, they're just out of sight!

My recently re-built, hopped up '79 Special caught fire and burned everything from the top of the engine up: gas tank, wiring, seat, & melted my windshield all over the front of the bike. Just bought a 1980 Special that has been non oped for 9 years. My Skoot will rise from the ashes and be re named "The Phoenix!"
        I've been riding since 1959.

Comment

Working...
        X