on the road - need to weld broken header pipe in the bay area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on the road - need to weld broken header pipe in the bay area

Hi everyone. So my SF made it from Baltimore, MD to Oakland, CA. After 4000 miles my rear tire was devoid of tread so I popped it off. In the process of pulling my after market exhaust off I noticed that the headers are leaking at the head. some of the flared lips of the header pipes are cracked. I need to weld some new metal on there and grind it into shape. I've got crush rings but I don't think they will cure the leaks on their own. So is there anyone in the bay area with a shop or access to one? I figure its worth ashot asking here before I head to a muffler shop. Thanks in advance.
    ---------------
    XS1100SF daily rider
    XS1100F (parts/project bike)

Aside from this minor setback, the ride has been awesome and the bike has been running beautifully. You can't stop these machines.
    ---------------
    XS1100SF daily rider

Comment

Try getting ahold of DiverRay. I've seen him around that area.

scoot

Comment

I ended up getting a muffler shop to repair my two broken headers for 35 bucks. On the road again, made it to LA. Everything is working perfectly. Thanks everybody!
        ---------------
        XS1100SF daily rider

Comment

Hey Baltimorenick, seems you're headed south. You can join me this Sunday for a ride around Baja Norte, Mexico, if you'd like. There's a charity poker run that starts in Tijuana, goes east to Tecate, then west southwest to Rosarito on the coast, then northeast back to Tijuana. About 150 miles, 9AM til about 3PM. Or stop by Saturday for an oil change or bike wash. I'll be around.

scoot

Comment

Working...
          X